*Bob Marley’s son Rohan Marley – who used to play for the Canadian Football League and has five children with Lauryn Hill – told TMZ recently that his later father would have loved Snoop Lion’s Rastafarian “reincarnation.”
The Rastafarian Millennium Council previously chastised Snoop, (previously known as Snoop Dogg), saying he’s done nothing more than jump on the Rasta bandwagon. Bunny Wailer, a former member of Bob Marley and the Wailers, is even going so far as to threaten to sue Snoop for what he says is a fraudulent claim to Rastafarianism.
But Rohan says none of this is in line with what his father would have thought.
“Our father’s name should not even be mentioned in this issue because, like a true Rasta, he would have embraced Snoop’s reincarnation and welcomed the positivity,” Rohan told TMZ. “Why condemn a man for his love of Rastafari and Bob Marley?”
Rohan said Snoop, who has stated that his new image is inspired by Bob Marley, will continue to have the family’s “blessings and support” in his reggae endeavors.
Snoop’s first reggae album, entitled “Reincarnated,” is due in spring 2013.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here