*Bob Marley’s son Rohan Marley – who used to play for the Canadian Football League and has five children with Lauryn Hill – told TMZ recently that his later father would have loved Snoop Lion’s Rastafarian “reincarnation.”
The Rastafarian Millennium Council previously chastised Snoop, (previously known as Snoop Dogg), saying he’s done nothing more than jump on the Rasta bandwagon. Bunny Wailer, a former member of Bob Marley and the Wailers, is even going so far as to threaten to sue Snoop for what he says is a fraudulent claim to Rastafarianism.
But Rohan says none of this is in line with what his father would have thought.
“Our father’s name should not even be mentioned in this issue because, like a true Rasta, he would have embraced Snoop’s reincarnation and welcomed the positivity,” Rohan told TMZ. “Why condemn a man for his love of Rastafari and Bob Marley?”
Rohan said Snoop, who has stated that his new image is inspired by Bob Marley, will continue to have the family’s “blessings and support” in his reggae endeavors.
Snoop’s first reggae album, entitled “Reincarnated,” is due in spring 2013.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here