The brains and push behind the “All My Babies’ Mamas” boycott told Essence.com why she decided to take her outrage to a whole new level.
“A friend of mine emailed the pilot to me, which has since been taken offline. Moment after moment I just saw child exploitation. I mentor a lot of children and I see the impact of these images, and I have to put them back on the right path. This is a marketing campaign specifically geared toward impacting impressionable young people,” she said. “To me, ‘baby’s mama’ is a slur. It’s denying the humanity of a child’s existence. Every child deserves to come into the world loved by two parents, safe and wanted. In the clip I saw, Lo couldn’t even remember the names of all of his 11 children. This is not funny to me. What’s funny about this? I can’t go after all of the shows. Although the 14,000 people that I represent now want me to.”
She added that if the show goes through, the messages the show is sending would ultimately be detrimental, pushing the idea of unprotected sex and demeaning women.
Check out the full interview at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here