Shawn Darling, a one-time employee of O’Neal, is expected to assert that the legendary NBA superstar ordered him to spy on Lopez, RadarOnline.com is reporting.
Now this is where it gets interesting.
Darling is a convicted felon with a lengthy criminal record — an ex-convict who has been arrested or charged in more than 15 criminal cases in the Midwest. Among them, in 1999, Darling was sentenced to 32 months in a federal prison in Wisconsin for bank fraud and misuse of Social Security numbers.
Lopez filed a lawsuit against O’Neal in Orange County, Florida. She claims Shaq started harassing her shortly after she told him she thought she was pregnant; and that the former NBA center initially accused her of sleeping with someone else. When she broke off their relationship, she claims the threats began.
Shaq tried to get the lawsuit dismissed but his motion was denied. His camp believes Darling is a disgruntled employee and alleges that he tried to extort a $12 million payment from the NBA star.
“Shawn Darling, a computer consultant engaged by basketball star Shaquille O’Neal to install and service a home theater and then service personal computer equipment, copied without permission thousands of emails and communications from Mr. O’Neal. Darling, an ex-convict with a long criminal record that he failed to disclose and hid from Mr. O’Neal, has demanded $12 million in exchange for not releasing Mr. O’Neal’s personal and confidential emails and communications. When Mr. O’Neal refused to be extorted, Darling filed a lawsuit claiming “invasion of privacy and emotional distress,” Shaq’s attorney Benjamine Reid previously said in a statement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here