Among them is EURweb blogger/contributor and radio host, Mo’Kelly who’s using his public platforms to crusade against the show and Sabrina Lamb, who’s started a boycott petition to keep the show off the air.
In other words, a lot of folks aren’t feeling the show or Shawty Lo and are doing everything they can to tank it . But would you like to hear from the man himself to get a bead of where he’s coming from?
He sat down with MTV News to do just that. However, he made it clear that he was not at liberty to discuss the show per se, but he did say quite a lot, including his role as a father of 11 and the balancing act he has to maintain with his 10 baby mamas.
“You can hate all you want to, I didn’t ask for it. It just happened. Now that it happened, I’m supposed to turn my back against it?” Shawty Lo told MTV News about his 11 children and untraditional family structure. “If I wasn’t taking care of my kids then you would really dog me out, but I’m taking care of my kids, providing for my family. I don’t know what else to say.”
Growing up, the ATL trap rapper faced many hardships. His mother was hooked on drugs, his dad wasn’t around and his grandmother who raised him died from cancer by the time he turned 17. Having to fend for himself, Shawty Lo turned to the streets to make ends meet.
“I came to be one of the largest drug dealers to come from Atlanta, Bankhead area and I started havin’ kids. When the money came, a lot of women came,” he said, estimating he was a millionaire by the time he turned 21. “Once you feel like a girl was your girlfriend or whatever, the rubber probably came off,” he said candidly. “They wouldn’t have an abortion. They used to take the money and run with it, and they’d have a baby by the most popular guy in the street, and that’s how I had all them kids.”
Get more from Shawty Lo at MTV News or watch the interview below:
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here