*Starz has given a script commitment to a new football drama based on former NFL players Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly.
The hourlong “Off Season” centers on the newly promoted, youngest head coach in professional football as he handles harsh competition. Things only get more cutthroat and complex during the off-season as he navigates infighting among players, decisions on who to cut and politics with the owners. All of this is in the pursuit of putting together a team that might have a shot at a championship.
Johnson and Kelly will also serve as executive producers on the project, which comes from Jeremy Elice as part of his first-look deal at Starz.
Eric Amadio (“Shadows & Lies”) will write and executive produce, with Elice serving as an EP through his newly launched Elice Island Entertainment.
Johnson was a standout wide receiver at the University of Southern California befor playing for 11 seasons in the NFL. He is currently a football analyst for ESPN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here