*Starz has given a script commitment to a new football drama based on former NFL players Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly.
The hourlong “Off Season” centers on the newly promoted, youngest head coach in professional football as he handles harsh competition. Things only get more cutthroat and complex during the off-season as he navigates infighting among players, decisions on who to cut and politics with the owners. All of this is in the pursuit of putting together a team that might have a shot at a championship.
Johnson and Kelly will also serve as executive producers on the project, which comes from Jeremy Elice as part of his first-look deal at Starz.
Eric Amadio (“Shadows & Lies”) will write and executive produce, with Elice serving as an EP through his newly launched Elice Island Entertainment.
Johnson was a standout wide receiver at the University of Southern California befor playing for 11 seasons in the NFL. He is currently a football analyst for ESPN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here