*Starz has given a script commitment to a new football drama based on former NFL players Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly.
The hourlong “Off Season” centers on the newly promoted, youngest head coach in professional football as he handles harsh competition. Things only get more cutthroat and complex during the off-season as he navigates infighting among players, decisions on who to cut and politics with the owners. All of this is in the pursuit of putting together a team that might have a shot at a championship.
Johnson and Kelly will also serve as executive producers on the project, which comes from Jeremy Elice as part of his first-look deal at Starz.
Eric Amadio (“Shadows & Lies”) will write and executive produce, with Elice serving as an EP through his newly launched Elice Island Entertainment.
Johnson was a standout wide receiver at the University of Southern California befor playing for 11 seasons in the NFL. He is currently a football analyst for ESPN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here