*Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey was arrested in Florida this morning after allegedly slapping his girlfriend in the face during an argument over a cell phone, reports TMZ.
According to the Gainesville Police, witnesses claimed they saw Rainey attack his girlfriend after she took his cell phone and tried to lock herself in Rainey’s roommate’s car.
According to the police report, witnesses said Rainey dragged his girlfriend out of the passenger seat and slapped her in the face in the process, causing both of them to fall to the ground.
Witnesses said Rainey’s girlfriend then took off again with the cell phone in her purse, and Rainey chased after her, eventually grabbing her purse and causing them both to fall again.
Police say neither Rainey nor his girlfriend appeared visibly injured after the fight.
Rainey has been charged with one count of simple battery, a misdemeanor, and he’s currently in custody.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here