*Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey was arrested in Florida this morning after allegedly slapping his girlfriend in the face during an argument over a cell phone, reports TMZ.
According to the Gainesville Police, witnesses claimed they saw Rainey attack his girlfriend after she took his cell phone and tried to lock herself in Rainey’s roommate’s car.
According to the police report, witnesses said Rainey dragged his girlfriend out of the passenger seat and slapped her in the face in the process, causing both of them to fall to the ground.
Witnesses said Rainey’s girlfriend then took off again with the cell phone in her purse, and Rainey chased after her, eventually grabbing her purse and causing them both to fall again.
Police say neither Rainey nor his girlfriend appeared visibly injured after the fight.
Rainey has been charged with one count of simple battery, a misdemeanor, and he’s currently in custody.
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here