*Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey was arrested in Florida this morning after allegedly slapping his girlfriend in the face during an argument over a cell phone, reports TMZ.
According to the Gainesville Police, witnesses claimed they saw Rainey attack his girlfriend after she took his cell phone and tried to lock herself in Rainey’s roommate’s car.
According to the police report, witnesses said Rainey dragged his girlfriend out of the passenger seat and slapped her in the face in the process, causing both of them to fall to the ground.
Witnesses said Rainey’s girlfriend then took off again with the cell phone in her purse, and Rainey chased after her, eventually grabbing her purse and causing them both to fall again.
Police say neither Rainey nor his girlfriend appeared visibly injured after the fight.
Rainey has been charged with one count of simple battery, a misdemeanor, and he’s currently in custody.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here