*Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey was arrested in Florida this morning after allegedly slapping his girlfriend in the face during an argument over a cell phone, reports TMZ.
According to the Gainesville Police, witnesses claimed they saw Rainey attack his girlfriend after she took his cell phone and tried to lock herself in Rainey’s roommate’s car.
According to the police report, witnesses said Rainey dragged his girlfriend out of the passenger seat and slapped her in the face in the process, causing both of them to fall to the ground.
Witnesses said Rainey’s girlfriend then took off again with the cell phone in her purse, and Rainey chased after her, eventually grabbing her purse and causing them both to fall again.
Police say neither Rainey nor his girlfriend appeared visibly injured after the fight.
Rainey has been charged with one count of simple battery, a misdemeanor, and he’s currently in custody.
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here