*Pittsburgh Steelers running back Chris Rainey was arrested in Florida this morning after allegedly slapping his girlfriend in the face during an argument over a cell phone, reports TMZ.
According to the Gainesville Police, witnesses claimed they saw Rainey attack his girlfriend after she took his cell phone and tried to lock herself in Rainey’s roommate’s car.
According to the police report, witnesses said Rainey dragged his girlfriend out of the passenger seat and slapped her in the face in the process, causing both of them to fall to the ground.
Witnesses said Rainey’s girlfriend then took off again with the cell phone in her purse, and Rainey chased after her, eventually grabbing her purse and causing them both to fall again.
Police say neither Rainey nor his girlfriend appeared visibly injured after the fight.
Rainey has been charged with one count of simple battery, a misdemeanor, and he’s currently in custody.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here