*Solid ratings have prompted NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution to renew “Steve Harvey” for a second season, reports Deadline.
The sleeper hit among this season’s crop of new syndicated talk shows joins Katie Couric’s ABC show “Katie,” which had a two-year deal from jump, as the two freshmen to be locked in for next fall.
Endemol-produced “Steve Harvey” has improved dramatically its time periods, delivered strong demo ratings and provided great lead-in for “Ellen” on the NBC stations, boosting the ratings for Ellen DeGeneres’ veteran talk show.
“This project was a long time in the making and it would not have been possible without the incredibly talented Steve Harvey. His humor, honesty and insight were an immediate hit with the daytime audience,” said David Goldberg, Chairman and CEO, Endemol, North America.
“Steve Harvey” is taped before a live studio audience at the state-of-the-art HD NBC 5 studios in downtown Chicago.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here