*Solid ratings have prompted NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution to renew “Steve Harvey” for a second season, reports Deadline.
The sleeper hit among this season’s crop of new syndicated talk shows joins Katie Couric’s ABC show “Katie,” which had a two-year deal from jump, as the two freshmen to be locked in for next fall.
Endemol-produced “Steve Harvey” has improved dramatically its time periods, delivered strong demo ratings and provided great lead-in for “Ellen” on the NBC stations, boosting the ratings for Ellen DeGeneres’ veteran talk show.
“This project was a long time in the making and it would not have been possible without the incredibly talented Steve Harvey. His humor, honesty and insight were an immediate hit with the daytime audience,” said David Goldberg, Chairman and CEO, Endemol, North America.
“Steve Harvey” is taped before a live studio audience at the state-of-the-art HD NBC 5 studios in downtown Chicago.
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here