*Solid ratings have prompted NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution to renew “Steve Harvey” for a second season, reports Deadline.
The sleeper hit among this season’s crop of new syndicated talk shows joins Katie Couric’s ABC show “Katie,” which had a two-year deal from jump, as the two freshmen to be locked in for next fall.
Endemol-produced “Steve Harvey” has improved dramatically its time periods, delivered strong demo ratings and provided great lead-in for “Ellen” on the NBC stations, boosting the ratings for Ellen DeGeneres’ veteran talk show.
“This project was a long time in the making and it would not have been possible without the incredibly talented Steve Harvey. His humor, honesty and insight were an immediate hit with the daytime audience,” said David Goldberg, Chairman and CEO, Endemol, North America.
“Steve Harvey” is taped before a live studio audience at the state-of-the-art HD NBC 5 studios in downtown Chicago.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here