*Solid ratings have prompted NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution to renew “Steve Harvey” for a second season, reports Deadline.
The sleeper hit among this season’s crop of new syndicated talk shows joins Katie Couric’s ABC show “Katie,” which had a two-year deal from jump, as the two freshmen to be locked in for next fall.
Endemol-produced “Steve Harvey” has improved dramatically its time periods, delivered strong demo ratings and provided great lead-in for “Ellen” on the NBC stations, boosting the ratings for Ellen DeGeneres’ veteran talk show.
“This project was a long time in the making and it would not have been possible without the incredibly talented Steve Harvey. His humor, honesty and insight were an immediate hit with the daytime audience,” said David Goldberg, Chairman and CEO, Endemol, North America.
“Steve Harvey” is taped before a live studio audience at the state-of-the-art HD NBC 5 studios in downtown Chicago.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here