*Solid ratings have prompted NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution to renew “Steve Harvey” for a second season, reports Deadline.
The sleeper hit among this season’s crop of new syndicated talk shows joins Katie Couric’s ABC show “Katie,” which had a two-year deal from jump, as the two freshmen to be locked in for next fall.
Endemol-produced “Steve Harvey” has improved dramatically its time periods, delivered strong demo ratings and provided great lead-in for “Ellen” on the NBC stations, boosting the ratings for Ellen DeGeneres’ veteran talk show.
“This project was a long time in the making and it would not have been possible without the incredibly talented Steve Harvey. His humor, honesty and insight were an immediate hit with the daytime audience,” said David Goldberg, Chairman and CEO, Endemol, North America.
“Steve Harvey” is taped before a live studio audience at the state-of-the-art HD NBC 5 studios in downtown Chicago.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here