*Some of the top names and living legends of Southern Gospel Music will take the stage January 29 in Nashville at Trinity Broadcasting Network’s Trinity Music City, as Grammy Award winning Christian music artist Jason Crabb hosts a special live taping of the Southern Gospel Music Guild’s 2013 Harmony Honors, reports digitaljournal.com.
The annual SGMG Harmony Honors recognize the best and brightest singers, songwriters, quartets, and groups in this unique American musical genre that has comforted, inspired, and entertained generations of fans.
This year the Harmony Honors recognize gospel songwriters Mosie Lister, Squire Parsons, Ronny Hinson, Rodney Griffin, Phil Cross, and Diane Wilkinson. SGMG president Judy Nelon noted that many of the songs penned by these legendary writers are now considered classics, and have been recorded and performed by scores of artists in gospel, country, and other musical genres. “It is a privilege to be able to honor this elite group of gospel music’s legacy songwriters,” she said. “Their work continues to inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds.”
Read more at digitaljournal.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here