*Some of the top names and living legends of Southern Gospel Music will take the stage January 29 in Nashville at Trinity Broadcasting Network’s Trinity Music City, as Grammy Award winning Christian music artist Jason Crabb hosts a special live taping of the Southern Gospel Music Guild’s 2013 Harmony Honors, reports digitaljournal.com.
The annual SGMG Harmony Honors recognize the best and brightest singers, songwriters, quartets, and groups in this unique American musical genre that has comforted, inspired, and entertained generations of fans.
This year the Harmony Honors recognize gospel songwriters Mosie Lister, Squire Parsons, Ronny Hinson, Rodney Griffin, Phil Cross, and Diane Wilkinson. SGMG president Judy Nelon noted that many of the songs penned by these legendary writers are now considered classics, and have been recorded and performed by scores of artists in gospel, country, and other musical genres. “It is a privilege to be able to honor this elite group of gospel music’s legacy songwriters,” she said. “Their work continues to inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds.”
Read more at digitaljournal.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here