*Some of the top names and living legends of Southern Gospel Music will take the stage January 29 in Nashville at Trinity Broadcasting Network’s Trinity Music City, as Grammy Award winning Christian music artist Jason Crabb hosts a special live taping of the Southern Gospel Music Guild’s 2013 Harmony Honors, reports digitaljournal.com.
The annual SGMG Harmony Honors recognize the best and brightest singers, songwriters, quartets, and groups in this unique American musical genre that has comforted, inspired, and entertained generations of fans.
This year the Harmony Honors recognize gospel songwriters Mosie Lister, Squire Parsons, Ronny Hinson, Rodney Griffin, Phil Cross, and Diane Wilkinson. SGMG president Judy Nelon noted that many of the songs penned by these legendary writers are now considered classics, and have been recorded and performed by scores of artists in gospel, country, and other musical genres. “It is a privilege to be able to honor this elite group of gospel music’s legacy songwriters,” she said. “Their work continues to inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds.”
Read more at digitaljournal.com.
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here