*Some of the top names and living legends of Southern Gospel Music will take the stage January 29 in Nashville at Trinity Broadcasting Network’s Trinity Music City, as Grammy Award winning Christian music artist Jason Crabb hosts a special live taping of the Southern Gospel Music Guild’s 2013 Harmony Honors, reports digitaljournal.com.
The annual SGMG Harmony Honors recognize the best and brightest singers, songwriters, quartets, and groups in this unique American musical genre that has comforted, inspired, and entertained generations of fans.
This year the Harmony Honors recognize gospel songwriters Mosie Lister, Squire Parsons, Ronny Hinson, Rodney Griffin, Phil Cross, and Diane Wilkinson. SGMG president Judy Nelon noted that many of the songs penned by these legendary writers are now considered classics, and have been recorded and performed by scores of artists in gospel, country, and other musical genres. “It is a privilege to be able to honor this elite group of gospel music’s legacy songwriters,” she said. “Their work continues to inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds.”
Read more at digitaljournal.com.
- A Blunted Snoop Doog Blasts Tom Brady NFL Victory: BULLSH*T! (Watch)
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here