*Some of the top names and living legends of Southern Gospel Music will take the stage January 29 in Nashville at Trinity Broadcasting Network’s Trinity Music City, as Grammy Award winning Christian music artist Jason Crabb hosts a special live taping of the Southern Gospel Music Guild’s 2013 Harmony Honors, reports digitaljournal.com.
The annual SGMG Harmony Honors recognize the best and brightest singers, songwriters, quartets, and groups in this unique American musical genre that has comforted, inspired, and entertained generations of fans.
This year the Harmony Honors recognize gospel songwriters Mosie Lister, Squire Parsons, Ronny Hinson, Rodney Griffin, Phil Cross, and Diane Wilkinson. SGMG president Judy Nelon noted that many of the songs penned by these legendary writers are now considered classics, and have been recorded and performed by scores of artists in gospel, country, and other musical genres. “It is a privilege to be able to honor this elite group of gospel music’s legacy songwriters,” she said. “Their work continues to inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds.”
Read more at digitaljournal.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here