*Music producer and artist Timbaland is now a member of Roc Nation, the multi-faceted music conglomerate founded by fellow artist-producer Jay-Z in 2008.
Posts on both Roc Nation’s website and Jay-Z’s Life + Times blog confirm the signing, with a photo of both artists sitting in a recording studio with the caption: “Roc Nation Welcomes Timbaland To The Family.”
At the time of the announcement, it was not made clear what role Timbaland will have at the company — a record label, management company and publishing firm.
Timbaland’s production resume includes beats for Missy Elliot, Destiny’s Child, Ludacris, and Snoop Dogg. He also produced the majority of tracks on Justin Timberlake’s 2006 album “FutureSex/LoveSounds.”
As for Jay-Z and Timbaland collaborations, the two can trace their past to 1998, when Tim produced two tracks on Jay-Z’s album “Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life.” From there, he’s been a producer on four of Jay-Z’s last eight albums.
The headline on the photo that was run on the Life + Times website reads, “And I Won’t Surrender It With Beats By TIMBALAND,” lyrics from a Jay-Z rapped, Timbaland-produced track titled “Hola’ Hovito.”
The two artists’ most recent collaboration was with Timberlake on his new single, “Suit & Tie.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here