*Music producer and artist Timbaland is now a member of Roc Nation, the multi-faceted music conglomerate founded by fellow artist-producer Jay-Z in 2008.
Posts on both Roc Nation’s website and Jay-Z’s Life + Times blog confirm the signing, with a photo of both artists sitting in a recording studio with the caption: “Roc Nation Welcomes Timbaland To The Family.”
At the time of the announcement, it was not made clear what role Timbaland will have at the company — a record label, management company and publishing firm.
Timbaland’s production resume includes beats for Missy Elliot, Destiny’s Child, Ludacris, and Snoop Dogg. He also produced the majority of tracks on Justin Timberlake’s 2006 album “FutureSex/LoveSounds.”
As for Jay-Z and Timbaland collaborations, the two can trace their past to 1998, when Tim produced two tracks on Jay-Z’s album “Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life.” From there, he’s been a producer on four of Jay-Z’s last eight albums.
The headline on the photo that was run on the Life + Times website reads, “And I Won’t Surrender It With Beats By TIMBALAND,” lyrics from a Jay-Z rapped, Timbaland-produced track titled “Hola’ Hovito.”
The two artists’ most recent collaboration was with Timberlake on his new single, “Suit & Tie.”
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here