*Music producer and artist Timbaland is now a member of Roc Nation, the multi-faceted music conglomerate founded by fellow artist-producer Jay-Z in 2008.
Posts on both Roc Nation’s website and Jay-Z’s Life + Times blog confirm the signing, with a photo of both artists sitting in a recording studio with the caption: “Roc Nation Welcomes Timbaland To The Family.”
At the time of the announcement, it was not made clear what role Timbaland will have at the company — a record label, management company and publishing firm.
Timbaland’s production resume includes beats for Missy Elliot, Destiny’s Child, Ludacris, and Snoop Dogg. He also produced the majority of tracks on Justin Timberlake’s 2006 album “FutureSex/LoveSounds.”
As for Jay-Z and Timbaland collaborations, the two can trace their past to 1998, when Tim produced two tracks on Jay-Z’s album “Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life.” From there, he’s been a producer on four of Jay-Z’s last eight albums.
The headline on the photo that was run on the Life + Times website reads, “And I Won’t Surrender It With Beats By TIMBALAND,” lyrics from a Jay-Z rapped, Timbaland-produced track titled “Hola’ Hovito.”
The two artists’ most recent collaboration was with Timberlake on his new single, “Suit & Tie.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- John Legend Presents the Debut Trailer from 'Southside With You'
- Katt Williams Arrested Again After Alleged Salt-Shaker Attack
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here