*Music producer and artist Timbaland is now a member of Roc Nation, the multi-faceted music conglomerate founded by fellow artist-producer Jay-Z in 2008.
Posts on both Roc Nation’s website and Jay-Z’s Life + Times blog confirm the signing, with a photo of both artists sitting in a recording studio with the caption: “Roc Nation Welcomes Timbaland To The Family.”
At the time of the announcement, it was not made clear what role Timbaland will have at the company — a record label, management company and publishing firm.
Timbaland’s production resume includes beats for Missy Elliot, Destiny’s Child, Ludacris, and Snoop Dogg. He also produced the majority of tracks on Justin Timberlake’s 2006 album “FutureSex/LoveSounds.”
As for Jay-Z and Timbaland collaborations, the two can trace their past to 1998, when Tim produced two tracks on Jay-Z’s album “Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life.” From there, he’s been a producer on four of Jay-Z’s last eight albums.
The headline on the photo that was run on the Life + Times website reads, “And I Won’t Surrender It With Beats By TIMBALAND,” lyrics from a Jay-Z rapped, Timbaland-produced track titled “Hola’ Hovito.”
The two artists’ most recent collaboration was with Timberlake on his new single, “Suit & Tie.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West 53 Million dollars in Debt; the TRUTH Behind the SHINE
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here