*The reality series “R&B Divas,” which followed Faith Evans, Nicci Gilbert-Daniels, Monifah Carter, Syleena Johnson and Keke Wyatt working together to produce a compilation album, begins production in Atlanta this month for a second season on TV One, and will be joined on the network by a spinoff series to take place in Los Angeles.
The original “R&B Divas” will return this spring with its original cast in tact for eight-episodes, while “R&B Divas: LA” (working title), which will follow the lives and careers of five yet-to-be-named Los Angeles based R&B performers, is scheduled to premiere in the third quarter of 2013, also with an eight-episode order.
“R&B Divas has definitely struck a positive chord with viewers,” remarked Toni Judkins, executive vice president programming and production for TV One. “Week-after-week, the series continued to build on its audience and we’re thrilled to provide another season and a new franchise of a dynamic program that is clearly resonating with audiences.”
TV One has also announced the addition of half-hour sitcom “Family Time” to its Friday night classic comedy block beginning this week.
Created by Bentley Kyle Evans (“The Jamie Foxx Show,” “Martin,” “Love That Girl”), the series centers around the life and times of the Stallworths, a working class African American family who gets lucky with a scratch-off lottery ticket and makes the leap to middle class status overnight. Omar Gooding and Angel Conwell star as parents Anthony and Lisa Stallworth, while Jayla Calhoun and Bentley Kyle Evans, Jr. play their children.
“The Stallworths represent a true-to life African American family working to pursue the American dream,” TV One says in a press release. “The series follows the family as they move to a middle class community in Southern California resulting in classic comedic moments tinged with humorous drama.”
“Family Time” will premiere Friday (Jan. 25) at 9 p.m. with two episodes back to back and then settle into its regularly scheduled time slot of Fridays at 7:30 p.m. beginning Feb. 1. Watch clips below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here