*Tyler Perry has joined the effort to solve a decade-old cold case in Florida in which two men went missing following separate encounters with a certain sheriff’s deputy.
The filmmaker is offering a $100,000 reward for information about Terrance Williams, 27, and Felipe Santos, 23. Both disappeared from Naples just three months apart in 2003, after separate run-ins with Collier County Sheriff’s Deputy Steven Calkins.
The men were never found, and this morning, Perry spoke at a local news conference, calling on the media to give appropriate attention to the story – even though both victims are minorities. He vowed to pay anyone who comes forward with information regarding the pair’s whereabouts, according to the Associated Press.
Longtime suspect Calkins, who is white, had been under investigation for his connection to both Williams and Santos, but he was never charged. He was fired from the force in 2004 after refusing to co-operate further with police officials.
Watch the press conference here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here