*Tyler Perry has joined the effort to solve a decade-old cold case in Florida in which two men went missing following separate encounters with a certain sheriff’s deputy.
The filmmaker is offering a $100,000 reward for information about Terrance Williams, 27, and Felipe Santos, 23. Both disappeared from Naples just three months apart in 2003, after separate run-ins with Collier County Sheriff’s Deputy Steven Calkins.
The men were never found, and this morning, Perry spoke at a local news conference, calling on the media to give appropriate attention to the story – even though both victims are minorities. He vowed to pay anyone who comes forward with information regarding the pair’s whereabouts, according to the Associated Press.
Longtime suspect Calkins, who is white, had been under investigation for his connection to both Williams and Santos, but he was never charged. He was fired from the force in 2004 after refusing to co-operate further with police officials.
Watch the press conference here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here