The news was announced via Twitter when Jeymes Samuels of The Bullitts posted, “Jay-Z and myself have been working tirelessly on the score for the upcoming #CLASSIC The Great Gatsby! It is too DOPE for words!”
In the early parts of 2012, the trailer for the flick featured the rapper’s “Watch the Throne” track, “No Church in the Wild,” hinting that he’d be a part of the production some way, some how.
In addition to all of that, director Baz Luhrmann had been playing Jay-Z’s music on set.
“On my first day he had Jay-Z pumped up full, and we did the entire scene with, you know, Jay-Z in our ear on full blast while acting, and it was just so liberating,” Isla Fisher, who plays Myrtle Wilson, told MTV.
Get more of this story via this video report from Newsy:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here