OK EUR commenter Taurusingr, this one’s especially for you.
*If you don’t know who Leonard Cooper is, read on ’cause this young brother is someone you need to know about.
You see, the cool, calm, collected (and a little cocky) Mr. Cooper – a Little Rock, Arkansas high school student – just won $75,000 on “Jeopardy Teen Tournament.”
Needless to say, that’s quite a feat for anybody, not to mention a 17-year-old with an Afro. Yes, it’s a well-worn cliche, but you really can’t tell a book by its cover. And you know what we’re talking about.
One more thing. As the Huffington Post pointed out, since the teen tournament set-up includes lump sum awards for each contestant, Leonard Cooper didn’t have to bet anything at the end to win the most money. On the other hand, keep in mind that things could have gone a lot differently. We like how a commenter on Uproxx named dax montana explained the situation.
This is his direct quote [sic]:
We NEED to talk about this though. Leonard started final jeopardy with $37,000. He had $3,000 from the Previous evening. Therefor,e wagering nothing, the most he could accumulate was obvi $40k. Nilai entered final jeopardy with $14,400. He ended the rpevious night wiht $19K. IF NILAI HAD WAGERED IT ALL (or even a majority) AND GOTTEN IT RIGHT, HE WOULD HAVE WON AND LEONARD WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE A HUGE DINGUS! But all’s well that end’s well I guess. Playon Playa.
Read the full story at Arkansas Online.
Watch how it went down:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here