OK EUR commenter Taurusingr, this one’s especially for you.
*If you don’t know who Leonard Cooper is, read on ’cause this young brother is someone you need to know about.
You see, the cool, calm, collected (and a little cocky) Mr. Cooper – a Little Rock, Arkansas high school student – just won $75,000 on “Jeopardy Teen Tournament.”
Needless to say, that’s quite a feat for anybody, not to mention a 17-year-old with an Afro. Yes, it’s a well-worn cliche, but you really can’t tell a book by its cover. And you know what we’re talking about.
One more thing. As the Huffington Post pointed out, since the teen tournament set-up includes lump sum awards for each contestant, Leonard Cooper didn’t have to bet anything at the end to win the most money. On the other hand, keep in mind that things could have gone a lot differently. We like how a commenter on Uproxx named dax montana explained the situation.
This is his direct quote [sic]:
We NEED to talk about this though. Leonard started final jeopardy with $37,000. He had $3,000 from the Previous evening. Therefor,e wagering nothing, the most he could accumulate was obvi $40k. Nilai entered final jeopardy with $14,400. He ended the rpevious night wiht $19K. IF NILAI HAD WAGERED IT ALL (or even a majority) AND GOTTEN IT RIGHT, HE WOULD HAVE WON AND LEONARD WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE A HUGE DINGUS! But all’s well that end’s well I guess. Playon Playa.
Read the full story at Arkansas Online.
Watch how it went down:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here