*The day after the 2013 Grammy Awards, the above photo popped up of Adele looking like she’s giving Chris Brown a piece of her mind.
In the shot, Breezy is standing up to greet the British superstar with his right hand outstretched and open while Adele appeared to be speaking forcefully at him.
Nobody knew what was being said, and no one was on record hearing the exchange, but the assumption quickly became that Adele was berating Brown for not standing up to salute rival Frank Ocean after he won Best Contemporary Album for his “Channel Orange.” Others figured she was chewing him out for beating Rihanna.
On Tuesday, Adele took to Twitter to finally set the record straight.
“Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually,” she wrote.
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here