*The day after the 2013 Grammy Awards, the above photo popped up of Adele looking like she’s giving Chris Brown a piece of her mind.
In the shot, Breezy is standing up to greet the British superstar with his right hand outstretched and open while Adele appeared to be speaking forcefully at him.
Nobody knew what was being said, and no one was on record hearing the exchange, but the assumption quickly became that Adele was berating Brown for not standing up to salute rival Frank Ocean after he won Best Contemporary Album for his “Channel Orange.” Others figured she was chewing him out for beating Rihanna.
On Tuesday, Adele took to Twitter to finally set the record straight.
“Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually,” she wrote.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here