*The day after the 2013 Grammy Awards, the above photo popped up of Adele looking like she’s giving Chris Brown a piece of her mind.
In the shot, Breezy is standing up to greet the British superstar with his right hand outstretched and open while Adele appeared to be speaking forcefully at him.
Nobody knew what was being said, and no one was on record hearing the exchange, but the assumption quickly became that Adele was berating Brown for not standing up to salute rival Frank Ocean after he won Best Contemporary Album for his “Channel Orange.” Others figured she was chewing him out for beating Rihanna.
On Tuesday, Adele took to Twitter to finally set the record straight.
“Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually,” she wrote.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here