*The day after the 2013 Grammy Awards, the above photo popped up of Adele looking like she’s giving Chris Brown a piece of her mind.
In the shot, Breezy is standing up to greet the British superstar with his right hand outstretched and open while Adele appeared to be speaking forcefully at him.
Nobody knew what was being said, and no one was on record hearing the exchange, but the assumption quickly became that Adele was berating Brown for not standing up to salute rival Frank Ocean after he won Best Contemporary Album for his “Channel Orange.” Others figured she was chewing him out for beating Rihanna.
On Tuesday, Adele took to Twitter to finally set the record straight.
“Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually,” she wrote.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here