*The mother of late rapper Tupac Shakur says she will release his ”entire body of work,” including all of his unreleased tracks following his death in 1996.
“I believe it is our responsibility to make sure that Tupac’s entire body of work is made available for his fans,” stated Afeni Shakur. “My son left many incomplete pieces and even more unfinished ideas. Using the blueprints he gave us, I am committed to fulfilling this duty.”
Tupac was killed in a drive-by shooting in 1996 at age 25. Afeni, who runs the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation, which helps underprivileged children receive an education – was the head of her son’s estate following his death, but has since handed it over to Jampol Artist Management (JAM), who have dedicated themselves to preserving the star’s legacy.
JAM founder Jeffrey Jampol added: ”It’s our responsibility, and our privilege, to ensure that new generations of fans experience the power of Tupac’s music, his ideas and his storytelling.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here