*The mother of late rapper Tupac Shakur says she will release his ”entire body of work,” including all of his unreleased tracks following his death in 1996.
“I believe it is our responsibility to make sure that Tupac’s entire body of work is made available for his fans,” stated Afeni Shakur. “My son left many incomplete pieces and even more unfinished ideas. Using the blueprints he gave us, I am committed to fulfilling this duty.”
Tupac was killed in a drive-by shooting in 1996 at age 25. Afeni, who runs the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation, which helps underprivileged children receive an education – was the head of her son’s estate following his death, but has since handed it over to Jampol Artist Management (JAM), who have dedicated themselves to preserving the star’s legacy.
JAM founder Jeffrey Jampol added: ”It’s our responsibility, and our privilege, to ensure that new generations of fans experience the power of Tupac’s music, his ideas and his storytelling.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here