*The mother of late rapper Tupac Shakur says she will release his ”entire body of work,” including all of his unreleased tracks following his death in 1996.
“I believe it is our responsibility to make sure that Tupac’s entire body of work is made available for his fans,” stated Afeni Shakur. “My son left many incomplete pieces and even more unfinished ideas. Using the blueprints he gave us, I am committed to fulfilling this duty.”
Tupac was killed in a drive-by shooting in 1996 at age 25. Afeni, who runs the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation, which helps underprivileged children receive an education – was the head of her son’s estate following his death, but has since handed it over to Jampol Artist Management (JAM), who have dedicated themselves to preserving the star’s legacy.
JAM founder Jeffrey Jampol added: ”It’s our responsibility, and our privilege, to ensure that new generations of fans experience the power of Tupac’s music, his ideas and his storytelling.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here