On Saturday, Hammer launched a series of tweets that tell his side of the story. The 80s & 90s rapper/dancer said that the arresting officer asked whether he was on parole or probation before he tried to pull him out of his vehicle.
Dublin, California police claim Hammer was in a vehicle – at the Hacienda Crossings shopping center – with expired registration and he was not the registered owner.
“After asking Hammer who the registered owner was he became very argumentative and refused to answer the officer’s questions,” police spokesman Herb Walters said in an e-mail to CNN.
Hammer, whose real name is Stanley Kirk Burrell, was arrested on suspicion of resisting an officer and obstructing an officer in the performance of his duties, according to Walters.
Hammer began his tweets Saturday with “chubby elvis looking dude was tapping on my car window, I rolled down the window and he said ‘Are you on parole or probation?'”
“While I was handing him my ID he reached in my car and tried to pull me out the car but forgot he was on a steady donut diet,” Hammer continued. “It was comical to me until he pulled out his guns, blew his whistle and yelled for help (MallCop) !!! But make no mistake he’s dangerous.”
Hammer, 50, was booked and released on bail from Santa Rita Jail and is due in court next month. Meanwhile, police have until that time to decide on any charges.
In another tweet, Hammer brought the funny, saying: “only thing more dangerous than a scared man with a gun, is a scared man with an agenda, a gun and a badge.”
“I will now answer his question, contrary to his personal beliefs, all people of color are not on parole or probation fat boy!!!,” Hammer also added.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here