*Fresh from its mysterious Super Bowl ad, CBS announces the addition of “True Blood” vet Aisha Hinds to the budding cast “Under the Dome.”
Based on the book by Stephen King, the summer series follows residents in the Chester’s Mill community as they deal with the post-apocalyptic conditions that ensue when a strange dome mysteriously encapsulates the town.
Hinds, who played psychic Miss Jeanette on the HBO vampire drama, has been tapped to play Carolyn Hill, an L.A. entertainment attorney trapped in Chester’s Mill while driving through town with her partner and their daughter on the way to deliver their teen to a camp for troubled youth.
Hinds, who next appears as a detective in the CW’s midseason drama “Cult,” joins a cast that also includes “Secret Circle’s” Britt Robertson, “CSI: NY’s” Natalie Martinez, Jolene Purdy, Nicholas Strong, Alex Koch and Colin Ford.
CBS Television Studios will produce the drama, which was picked up straight to series, in association with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television.
“Under the Dome” premieres June 24 on CBS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here