*Fresh from its mysterious Super Bowl ad, CBS announces the addition of “True Blood” vet Aisha Hinds to the budding cast “Under the Dome.”
Based on the book by Stephen King, the summer series follows residents in the Chester’s Mill community as they deal with the post-apocalyptic conditions that ensue when a strange dome mysteriously encapsulates the town.
Hinds, who played psychic Miss Jeanette on the HBO vampire drama, has been tapped to play Carolyn Hill, an L.A. entertainment attorney trapped in Chester’s Mill while driving through town with her partner and their daughter on the way to deliver their teen to a camp for troubled youth.
Hinds, who next appears as a detective in the CW’s midseason drama “Cult,” joins a cast that also includes “Secret Circle’s” Britt Robertson, “CSI: NY’s” Natalie Martinez, Jolene Purdy, Nicholas Strong, Alex Koch and Colin Ford.
CBS Television Studios will produce the drama, which was picked up straight to series, in association with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television.
“Under the Dome” premieres June 24 on CBS.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here