*Fresh from its mysterious Super Bowl ad, CBS announces the addition of “True Blood” vet Aisha Hinds to the budding cast “Under the Dome.”
Based on the book by Stephen King, the summer series follows residents in the Chester’s Mill community as they deal with the post-apocalyptic conditions that ensue when a strange dome mysteriously encapsulates the town.
Hinds, who played psychic Miss Jeanette on the HBO vampire drama, has been tapped to play Carolyn Hill, an L.A. entertainment attorney trapped in Chester’s Mill while driving through town with her partner and their daughter on the way to deliver their teen to a camp for troubled youth.
Hinds, who next appears as a detective in the CW’s midseason drama “Cult,” joins a cast that also includes “Secret Circle’s” Britt Robertson, “CSI: NY’s” Natalie Martinez, Jolene Purdy, Nicholas Strong, Alex Koch and Colin Ford.
CBS Television Studios will produce the drama, which was picked up straight to series, in association with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television.
“Under the Dome” premieres June 24 on CBS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here