*Fresh from turning in a controversial lounge-style rendition of the national anthem for the NFL’s biggest game, the NBA has chosen Alicia Keys to provide the halftime entertainment for its annual All-Star matchup.
John Legend will perform the Star-Spangled Banner while Gloria Reuben will handle the Canadian national anthem for the game, which is set to take place on Feb. 17 in Houston, the NBA announced.
The All-Stars will take the court to a performance by Ne-Yo.
All-Star Saturday (Feb. 16) will be hosted by Nick Cannon with performances by Ellie Goulding, “American Idol” Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, and recently-reunited Fall Out Boy, who will take the stage before the Slam Dunk contest.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Natalie Cole Cancels Fall Tour, Cites 'Medical Procedure'
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here