*Fresh from turning in a controversial lounge-style rendition of the national anthem for the NFL’s biggest game, the NBA has chosen Alicia Keys to provide the halftime entertainment for its annual All-Star matchup.
John Legend will perform the Star-Spangled Banner while Gloria Reuben will handle the Canadian national anthem for the game, which is set to take place on Feb. 17 in Houston, the NBA announced.
The All-Stars will take the court to a performance by Ne-Yo.
All-Star Saturday (Feb. 16) will be hosted by Nick Cannon with performances by Ellie Goulding, “American Idol” Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, and recently-reunited Fall Out Boy, who will take the stage before the Slam Dunk contest.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here