a small, but growing segment of the online community is cheering him, referring to him as the “the black Rambo” and “the black Jason Bourne.”
So far over two dozen pages Facebook pages have sprung up. Some urging his capture and killing and some praising Dorner and his 11,000-word manifesto that alleges LAPD corruption and weaves in pop culture references and shout outs to celebrities like Charlie Sheen, Anthony Bourdain and Tim Tebow.
One page even declared “Christopher Dorner for President.”
“This page is putting forth the proposal that we the people elect Christopher Jordan Dorner as president of the United States of America. This man has done what the founding fathers did, in declaring war on the corrupt ruling class. We propose electing a man who could no longer sit idly by and watch as malicious tyrants abuse the innocent,” the community page stated.
Among the most popular of the fan pages is “I Support Christopher Jordan Dorner,” which had close to 2,000 “likes” by 3:30 p.m. Friday.
The supporter, who wisely declined to be identified, said he does not know Dorner, and his support is not for Dorner’s actions, but his cause.
“I don’t condone the acts of killing people, but I was going to try to spin it in a way that people can actually learn from him,” he told the LA Daily News during a phone interview. “It’s a perfect story about a person who wanted to just do the right thing but couldn’t catch a break. Maybe if enough people talk about it, hear it, see it, maybe some change can come out of it.”
Meanwhile, Dorner’s own official Facebook page was deactivated Thursday. Facebook officials said they do not comment on ongoing investigations but provided this statement:
“We work with law enforcement to the extent required by law, and as needed to keep the site and those who use it safe. We always seek to respond promptly to requests when we deem there’s an immediate risk to the safety of any our users.”
Get more of this story at LA Daily News.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here