a small, but growing segment of the online community is cheering him, referring to him as the “the black Rambo” and “the black Jason Bourne.”
So far over two dozen pages Facebook pages have sprung up. Some urging his capture and killing and some praising Dorner and his 11,000-word manifesto that alleges LAPD corruption and weaves in pop culture references and shout outs to celebrities like Charlie Sheen, Anthony Bourdain and Tim Tebow.
One page even declared “Christopher Dorner for President.”
“This page is putting forth the proposal that we the people elect Christopher Jordan Dorner as president of the United States of America. This man has done what the founding fathers did, in declaring war on the corrupt ruling class. We propose electing a man who could no longer sit idly by and watch as malicious tyrants abuse the innocent,” the community page stated.
Among the most popular of the fan pages is “I Support Christopher Jordan Dorner,” which had close to 2,000 “likes” by 3:30 p.m. Friday.
The supporter, who wisely declined to be identified, said he does not know Dorner, and his support is not for Dorner’s actions, but his cause.
“I don’t condone the acts of killing people, but I was going to try to spin it in a way that people can actually learn from him,” he told the LA Daily News during a phone interview. “It’s a perfect story about a person who wanted to just do the right thing but couldn’t catch a break. Maybe if enough people talk about it, hear it, see it, maybe some change can come out of it.”
Meanwhile, Dorner’s own official Facebook page was deactivated Thursday. Facebook officials said they do not comment on ongoing investigations but provided this statement:
“We work with law enforcement to the extent required by law, and as needed to keep the site and those who use it safe. We always seek to respond promptly to requests when we deem there’s an immediate risk to the safety of any our users.”
Get more of this story at LA Daily News.
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here