*Ammar Asim Faruq Harris is the man authorities are looking for in connection with the shooting death of an aspiring rapper.
Kenneth Wayne Cherry Jr., whose rap name was “Kenny Clutch,’ was gunned down on the Las Vegas Strip while driving his Maserati before dawn on Thursday, sparking a fiery crash that also killed a cab driver and his passenger.
Harris, described as armed and dangerous, was still at large on Saturday, but the black Range Rover from which he is suspected of opening fire has been located and impounded, Las Vegas police said.
Cherry, 27, was killed and his car veered out of control and smashed into a taxi, which exploded into flames in an intersection on the Las Vegas Strip in front of several casino resorts, killing the driver and a passenger and triggering another multi-car crash.
Authorities believe the confrontation started in the valet parking lot of a nearby hotel, the Aria Resort and Casino. But police did not identify a motive for the shooting or the altercation.
Police identified Harris, 26, as the driver of the apparently brand-new luxury sport utility vehicle, and said he had also opened fire. Police said in a statement that he had an “extensive and violent criminal history.”
Get more information at the Chicago Tribune.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here