*Ammar Asim Faruq Harris is the man authorities are looking for in connection with the shooting death of an aspiring rapper.
Kenneth Wayne Cherry Jr., whose rap name was “Kenny Clutch,’ was gunned down on the Las Vegas Strip while driving his Maserati before dawn on Thursday, sparking a fiery crash that also killed a cab driver and his passenger.
Harris, described as armed and dangerous, was still at large on Saturday, but the black Range Rover from which he is suspected of opening fire has been located and impounded, Las Vegas police said.
Cherry, 27, was killed and his car veered out of control and smashed into a taxi, which exploded into flames in an intersection on the Las Vegas Strip in front of several casino resorts, killing the driver and a passenger and triggering another multi-car crash.
Authorities believe the confrontation started in the valet parking lot of a nearby hotel, the Aria Resort and Casino. But police did not identify a motive for the shooting or the altercation.
Police identified Harris, 26, as the driver of the apparently brand-new luxury sport utility vehicle, and said he had also opened fire. Police said in a statement that he had an “extensive and violent criminal history.”
Get more information at the Chicago Tribune.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here