*BET has announced it is teaming with AEG to create “BET Experience at L.A. Live (BETX),” which involves three days and nights of music and comedy concerts, film screenings, “106 & Park” tapings, BET Fan Fest, seminars, BET Grammy Museum exhibit, various social events and celebrity appearances at the sprawling entertainment complex in downtown Los Angeles.
The weekend will take place from June 28 – 30, with Beyonce set to kick off the first of three nights at the Staples Center on Friday, June. 28. Bey’s three night stand will launch the North American leg of her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour.
Before Beyoncé’s performance, Mike Epps brings his comedy game to the Club Nokia stage, while Erykah Badu captivates the late night crowd in Club Nokia after Beyoncé’s performance.
On Saturday, June 29, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Miguel and Schoolboy Q headline at the Staples Center, while Club Nokia will feature an exclusive session with The Roots.
On Sunday, Kirk Franklin leads a morning Gospel celebration at Club Nokia, while R. Kelly, New Edition and The Jacksons close out the Staples Center Concert Series following the live broadcast of the BET Awards from Nokia Theatre’s L.A. Live.
“This is the next step in our evolution of the BET Awards weekend. I am proud to say that what we have planned is the greatest celebration of music, entertainment, and culture and I’m thrilled to have Beyoncé kick off our festivities,” said Debra Lee, Chairman and CEO of BET Networks. “We are pleased to have the perfect partner in AEG to pull off our inaugural BET Experience.”
Tickets for all announced shows and a limited amount of special VIP packages for the BET Experience will go on sale on Monday, Feb. 11, 2013 beginning at 1 p.m./EST, 10 a.m./PST via BETExperience.com and AXS.com. STAPLES Center three-night packages start as low as $199. Single-night tickets are also available. Special VIP packages will offer fans the ultimate “insider access” with exclusive VIP tickets, hospitality and star-studded events. VIP packages are the only way to purchase BET Awards tickets, available for the first time for purchase. Additional artists will be announced in the coming weeks.
In addition to concerts, comedy shows and the BET Awards, the BET Experience at L.A. Live will feature:
- “106 & Park” Stage: “106 & Park,” the number one music countdown show, brings the livest audience to their exclusive stage in Nokia Plaza L.A. Live throughout the weekend with free musical performances, new talent showcases and celebrity appearances.
- Music Matters Stage: This free outdoor stage will showcase up-and-coming artists associated with the BET Music Matters initiative, which has introduced BET Awards show-stopping, Grammy winning, chart-topping new talent to the world including Melanie Fiona, Marsha Ambrosius, and Luke James.
- BET Grammy Museum Exhibit: A special curated exhibit of past BET Awards Lifetime Achievement Honorees will be staged at L.A. Live’s Grammy Museum during the weekend.
- BET Revealed Seminars: BET presents celebrity-filled seminars featuring real talk on money, culture, entertainment, family, celebrity and relationships at the JW Marriott L.A. Live.
- BET Experience Film Fest: BET’s first ever film fest will showcase a diversity of films – studio releases, narratives, documentaries and shorts. Curated with Urbanworld and taking place at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live, this will be a “people’s film festival” with no cost to event attendees.
- The Fan Fest: An interactive expo that invites guests to engage with their favorite BET shows, talent and their favorite brands through exhibits, demonstrations and giveaways. The Fan Fest includes a BET pavilion; a diverse food experience with soul food and other regional cuisines; Wolfgang Puck stations and a culinary stage; plus a community and exhibitor village.
- After Parties: The hottest outdoor and late-night parties featuring great DJ’s, celebrity appearances and much more.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here