According to Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra, the deposition was in connection with a lawsuit alleging that he is a shareholder in a company accused of running a giant Ponzi scheme in which as much as $30 million may have disappeared!
According to court records obtained exclusively by Gossip Extra, Boldin put $250,000 of his own money into the now-dissolved Palm Beach County-based Hawk Systems Inc. in 2008.
Boldin then recruited other NFL players as investors, promising millions in interests. Among them: Former Washington Redskins defender Phillip Buchanon, Oakland Raiders running-back Darren McFadden and Pittsburgh Steelers defensive back Ike Taylor.
Thing is, a former investor is now accusing company founder David Coriaty and others of using the investors’ money to fund their lifestyle, and has four active lawsuits against Hawk Systems.
“There’s no evidence that Anquan did anything wrong as of right now,” said Marc Spanakos, the plaintiff in the lawsuit. “Actually, he could be a victim, too. But that’s what we want to find out in the deposition. We’d like to find out what Anquan’s relationship with the company’s owner was.”
Spanakos, a New York commodities trader who lost $4 million, said the company was to manufacture security system activated through fingerprints but never made money selling the device.
You can get more of this story at Gossip Extra.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here