*Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson plays a desperate father who goes undercover in a Mexican drug cartel to save his son from a lengthy prison sentence in the action flick, “Snitch.”
His nemesis is none other than Benjamin Bratt, the 49-year-old actor best known for playing two notable characters who sit on either side of the law: NYPD detective Rey Curtis of “Law & Order” and Mexican drug kingpin Juan Obregón of Steven Soderbergh’s Oscar-winning film “Traffic.”
“Snitch” finds Bratt back in the narcotics game as Juan Carlos “El Topo” Pintera — yet another kingpin of yet another Mexican drug cartel. But Bratt insists his character has layers of humanity – not to mention a closet full of designer clothing – that should leave a distinct impression on the audience.
“The character I play, he could easily be conceived as a one-dimensional individual, but he’s not,” Bratt told us during interviews for the film, currently in theaters. “He’s a human being that has a job to do, he runs an enterprise, albeit a criminal one that has billions of dollars at stake. He’s not the guy who has the five o’clock shadow and the gold chains and the silk shirts. He’s actually a very sophisticated person who has a paramilitary background, training in Special Forces, reads the New York Times, he’s invested in the stock market, and he’s label conscious – right down to his Ralph Lauren coat, his Burberry shirt and his Oakley glasses.”
Pintera’s rule is threatened by Johnson’s character, who is making power moves while working undercover in Pintera’s operation.
Below, Bratt explains how he and director Ric Roman Waugh went about making Pintera a believable archenemy, able to take on all 6 foot 5, 240 pounds of The Rock.
“Snitch” also stars Susan Sarandon, Barry Pepper, Melina Kanakaredes and Michael K. Williams (of HBO’s “The Wire”). Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here