*The best and brightest are showing out all the time in pockets of our country, yet they get little to no fanfair for their accomplishments.
Well, we’re putting a young lady on excellence blast to show our young people are still making strides to be the best in the midst of a decaying education system.
Seven-year-old Zora Ball, is in the first grade at Harambee Institute of Science and Technology in Philadelphia and she has already developed a mobile app game.
The charter school she attends trains the children in computer programming through a programming language called Bootstrap, according to the Huffington Post.
Little Zora used Bootstrap–”which is usually taught to students between the ages of 12 and 16, to help them learn concepts of algebra via video game development”– to develop her app.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here