*The best and brightest are showing out all the time in pockets of our country, yet they get little to no fanfair for their accomplishments.
Well, we’re putting a young lady on excellence blast to show our young people are still making strides to be the best in the midst of a decaying education system.
Seven-year-old Zora Ball, is in the first grade at Harambee Institute of Science and Technology in Philadelphia and she has already developed a mobile app game.
The charter school she attends trains the children in computer programming through a programming language called Bootstrap, according to the Huffington Post.
Little Zora used Bootstrap–”which is usually taught to students between the ages of 12 and 16, to help them learn concepts of algebra via video game development”– to develop her app.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here