*The best and brightest are showing out all the time in pockets of our country, yet they get little to no fanfair for their accomplishments.
Well, we’re putting a young lady on excellence blast to show our young people are still making strides to be the best in the midst of a decaying education system.
Seven-year-old Zora Ball, is in the first grade at Harambee Institute of Science and Technology in Philadelphia and she has already developed a mobile app game.
The charter school she attends trains the children in computer programming through a programming language called Bootstrap, according to the Huffington Post.
Little Zora used Bootstrap–”which is usually taught to students between the ages of 12 and 16, to help them learn concepts of algebra via video game development”– to develop her app.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here