*The best and brightest are showing out all the time in pockets of our country, yet they get little to no fanfair for their accomplishments.
Well, we’re putting a young lady on excellence blast to show our young people are still making strides to be the best in the midst of a decaying education system.
Seven-year-old Zora Ball, is in the first grade at Harambee Institute of Science and Technology in Philadelphia and she has already developed a mobile app game.
The charter school she attends trains the children in computer programming through a programming language called Bootstrap, according to the Huffington Post.
Little Zora used Bootstrap–”which is usually taught to students between the ages of 12 and 16, to help them learn concepts of algebra via video game development”– to develop her app.
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here