*It looks like PBS’s wildly popular “Downton Abbey,” which just wrapped its third season this month, is about to introduce its first black character as part of a storyline about race relations in the1920s.
According to The Sun, producers sent casting notices out to agents seeking an actor to play Jack Ross, described as “Male, 25-30. A musician (singer) at an exclusive club in the 20’s.” The casting note adds, “He’s black and very handsome. A real man (not a boy) with charm and charisma.” Whoever lands the role should “ideally be able to sing brilliantly,” and “should be a very attractive man with a certain wow factor.”
Jack Ross will reportedly have a key role in season four, which begins filming on March 23.
Several black actors in non-speaking roles did appear on the series this season as jazz musicians performing at The Blue Dragon [see photo above], located on Greek Street in the Soho area of London. Lady Edith Crawley, Matthew Crawley and Lady Rosamund Painswick ventured there reluctantly in search of free-spirited Lady Rose MacClare after being told by a taxi driver that he had taken her to the spot. [See photo above.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here