*A family has filed a lawsuit against Disneyland after an employee dressed as the white rabbit from The Wizard of Oz allegedly refused to hug the family’s black children.
The family claims the employee is racist and looking for him to be fired and to receive and apology from Disney.
In an interview with Fox, the children seem upset by the event. “I went to hug him but he turned his back,” said 6-year-old Jason Black. “It’s made me feel sad because I wanted to really hug him.”
Jason’s older brother added: “The Rabbit was turning his back on him like he didn’t want to touch him… Then I went up and tried to hold his hand but he kept flicking my hand off.”
Their mother, Annelia Black, tried to speak to the rabbit, but when telling him that her son just wanted a hug, “[He was] like twirling his fingers, like hurry up take the picture.”
A rabbit choosing not to hug kids isn’t the worst of it, the father Jason LeRoy Black Sr. thought there may be a new policy about child interaction, but apparently, when two white children approached him, it was an entirely different story.
“[The] Rabbit showered, hugged, kissed and posed with them and took pictures,” he said. “That made my kids feel horrible, it made us as adults feel horrible.”
Disney had offered VIP passes plus $500 to sign a confidentiality waver, but the blacks don’t feel that is enough. Indeed, as their attorney, Dan Gilleon said: “They’re not trying to get something they don’t deserve… In fact all they’ve asked for is a little bit of recognition that this should not have happened.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here