*The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA), honored several of the best in film during its annual awards ceremony this past Friday night in Hollywood, CA.
Held at the elegant Taglyan Complex, the AAFCA Awards drew an impressive guest list of veteran performers such as Danny Glover, Lynn Whitfield and Richard Roundtree and emerging stars like Jordin Sparks, Omari Hardwick, David Oyelowo and Nate Parker, who joined a packed house of key film executives, talent managers, agents, producers and local political leaders for the show.
The big winner of the night was the 2012 indie hit “Middle of Nowhere,” which earned four of the coveted awards, which are determined by the members of AAFCA, whose members rank amongst the leading film critics in America. Actor Nate Parker was honored for his performance in “Arbitrage”; Ben Affleck as director of “Argo”; documentarian Eugene Jarecki for “The House I Live In,” and Kathryn Bigelow for “Zero Dark Thirty.”
“The AAFCA Awards has grown into a key event on Hollywood’s Awards Calendar,” says actress Sheryl Lee Ralph, who has attended the ceremony since its inception in 2009. “The event was fabulous!,” she adds. “I’m all ready to get my invite for next year.”
The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) is the premiere organization of African American film media professionals. Founded in 2003, AAFCA’s members represent a geographically diverse cross-section of media covering the cinematic arts. The organization honors excellence in cinema by creating awareness for films with universal appeal to black communities, while emphasizing film about the black experience and those produced written, directed and starring performers of African descent. The association actively reviews the quality and standard of black talent, content and media coverage. AAFCA also supports the development of future black film critics and filmmakers.
African American Film Critics Association / AAFCA is based in Los Angeles.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here