*Landon Brown, Bobby Brown’s oldest son, is still living with the nightmare of a false reality that a tabloid painted of his life.
In 2008, he interviewed with the National Enquirer about life with step-mom Whitney Houston, following his appearance on an MTV reality show competition.
The quotes used for the story were used in a way that painted a false image of his life with the late singer.
The story implied physical abuse by Whitney’s mom, Cissy Houston, and questioned Whitney’s parenting skills. There were also mixed messages that claimed he was kept away from his sister, Bobbi Kristina. Shortly after the report came out, he cleared the air in an interview with AOL Black Voices.
Five years later, he’s still seeing that tabloid story pop up online.
In an exclusive interview with Jawn Murray’s AlwaysAList.com, he talked about his reaction to the story.
“You know that terrible feeling like your heart just dropped to your ankles? That’s how I felt when she called me about the interview! I had to explain to someone who treated me like her own that I didn’t realize someone would flip my words to make a story juicy,” he said.
While reflecting on his time with the late singer, Landon remembered an incident when Whitney and his mother, Melika Williams were together and he felt awkward about calling both of them “mom” while they were in the same room. Landon’s obvious avoidance of referring to Whitney as his “mom” hurt her feelings.
“I playfully called her ‘lady.’ I was like, ‘Hey lady, you want some cake?’ I just wasn’t sure if I should call them both mom or if that would make my mother feel a lil uncomfortable. I thought it was nothing until she called me later that night after the festivities asking why I didn’t call her mom. I was a lil shocked. I thought it was a strange moment, but nothing she’d remember. I felt like a jerk! I still didn’t know what I should’ve done in that situation, but for some reason I felt wrong. I know it really hurt her when my sister called shortly after asking what had I done cause [Whitney] was upset. I explained what happened and my sister laughed at me and told me you should’ve just called her mom you know you have more than one! That made me really feel terrible that my youngest sister saw the answer so clearly! I love my mothers and my siblings and I would never want to be the guy to slander their names.”
Check out the full interview at AlwaysAlist.
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here