Over the past two decades, Phil Perry has remained one of the most dynamic singers of our time. His mesmerizing and buttery smooth tenor, unrivaled silky falsetto, unyielding soulfulness and riveting ability deliver the emotion and intensity of a lyric, have made him a favorite among fans and critics alike.
Born and raised in East St. Louis, Perry was introduced to the art of great singing at a young age.
“Growing up I always knew that I wanted to be a singer. I would watch and listen to all the great singers like Nat ‘King’ Cole, Johnny Hartman, Arthur Prysock and Billy Eckstine,” recalls the former lead singer of The Montclairs (“Begging’s Hard To Do” and “Make Up For Lost Time”).
Phil Perry’s impressive resume includes work with everyone from Patti LaBelle, Anita Baker, Peabo Bryson and George Duke to Quincy Jones, Barbra Streisand, Boz Scaggs and Rod Stewart. On March 12, 2013, Shanachie Entertainment will release Phil Perry’s highly anticipated Say Yes.
Produced by Chris “Big Dog” Davis and featuring special guests Chanté Moore and Najee, Say Yes features originals as well as breath-taking re-workings of classics by Sam Cooke, Michael McDonald and Carly Simon, Ralph MacDonald and William Salter, Paul Simon, John Lennon and Paul McCartney, among others.
Speaking of Same Cooke, check out Phil’s beautiful reinvention of Sam’s chart-topping 1957 classic “You Send Me.”
“You Send Me” is the first single from the Phil’s new CD Say Yes.
- Sandra Bland’s Family Proceeds with Federal Lawsuit
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here