*Massachusetts child welfare authorities are investigating the family of a 9-year-old rapper whose music videos posted on YouTube show him in adult-themed situations – including scenes that are sexually suggestive and mention illegal drugs.
Luie Rivera Jr., whose stage name is “Lil Poopy,” is part of Moroccan-born rapper French Montana’s group, Coke Boys. The youngster is seen in videos smacking a woman’s backside, flashing wads of cash, riding in a Ferrari and rapping about how “coke is not a bad word.” A separate video shows him in a nightclub with a dancing woman in a sexually suggestive position, with people in the crowd throwing cash.
The Brockton, Massachusetts, police department contacted the state’s Department of Children and Families after receiving a call from a “concerned citizen” who saw the boy in the videos. The state agency is brought in when there is suspicion of physical, mental, or emotional abuse of a child, according to Brockton police Lt. Robert Sergio.
“An investigation is now open,” said Cayenne Isaksen, public affairs director for the state agency. Isaksen would not discuss details about the investigation, but added that non-emergency investigations typically take no longer than 15 days.
According to CNN affiliate WCVB, Lil Poopy’s father, Luis Rivera, says his son is “not doing anything wrong.” His attorney Joseph Krowski Jr. said Monday the boy is a thriving, well-adjusted fourth-grader with a good home life, good grades and musical talent.
“This is just what I would call a racially-tinged investigation because whoever watched it probably doesn’t understand rap,” Krowski said of his client, who is of Puerto Rican descent. “…This isn’t some child left alone that’s not going to school. It all comes down to content in the videos, which is protected by the First Amendment.”
Watch some of his videos below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here