*The Christopher Dorner case is making the LAPD look bad. Real bad. All over again.
The bottom line is that the manhunt for the alleged cop killer has turned into a major public relations nightmare for law enforcement officials, in particular the Los Angeles Police Department, working its way back from a history of corruption and abuse, according to a report from CS Monitor.
Not only have hundreds of well-trained officers equipped with military-style vehicles – including helicopters with thermal imaging devices one pilot says can pick out a rabbit in a snowstorm – been unable to find the man charged with killing three people and wounding two others on a rampage aimed at police officers and their families, but the LAPD also has been forced to reexamine the reasons for Mr. Dorner’s dismissal as a police officer in 2009 – brought about, Dorner charges in the 11-page manifesto he posted on Facebook, by racism in the department. And the LAPD is having to make amends to the two people – a middle-aged Hispanic woman and her mother delivering newspapers – wounded when police riddled their truck with gunfire. (The women’s truck was neither the make nor the color of Dorner’s pickup, which was later found abandoned.)
And when you think about Dorner’s claims – in his manifesto – as to why he was fired … specific episodes with specific senior officers named … we have to at least give props to LAPD Chief Charlie Beck for ordering an official review of the case, which occurred before he became responsible the department.
“I am aware of the ghosts of the LAPD’s past, and one of my biggest concerns is that they will be resurrected by Dorner’s allegations of racism within the department,” Chief Beck said in a statement Saturday. “Therefore, I feel we need to also publicly address Dorner’s allegations regarding his termination of employment.”
Read the rest of this report at CS Monitor.
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here