*Whitney Houston died just hours before mentor Clive Davis’ annual Grammy party last year — and in the same hotel where she was scheduled to appear at the gala hours later.
As the one year anniversary of her death approaches, Davis has invited Whitney’s mother Cissy Houston and the rest of her family to this weekend’s pre-Grammy event in Los Angeles.
While Pat Houston and Whitney’s brother, Gary Houston, said they will attend Saturday’s event, the Houston matriarch not only declined the invitation, but also found it down right offensive.
“I got an invitation to the party — which is the most obscene thing,” Cissy told Access Hollywood at the unveiling of four new wax statues of her daughter at Madame Tussaud’s in New York City on Thursday. “I don’t know why they would want me to come to the party in which she died, you know? Unheard of.”
She added, “I guess maybe he just sent me a copy for remembrance sake.”
Regarding her relationship with Whitney’s daughter Bobbi Kristina, who recently Tweeted an angry reaction to the book Cissy recently penned about her mother,
(“I find it 2b disrespect2mymother & me being her daughter won’t tolerate it.”), Cissy said of her granddaughter: “She’s grieving. [She’s] really grieving. Bobbi Kris knows — she better know — that I love her. Anything I can do for her, I’ll be there. I wouldn’t say anything [bad] about my daughter. That’s MY daughter, whom I loved with all my heart.
“I love Krissy because she belongs to my daughter, all right?” she continued. “I think that she’s just grieving. That’s the only other thing I can say about it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here