*Whitney Houston died just hours before mentor Clive Davis’ annual Grammy party last year — and in the same hotel where she was scheduled to appear at the gala hours later.
As the one year anniversary of her death approaches, Davis has invited Whitney’s mother Cissy Houston and the rest of her family to this weekend’s pre-Grammy event in Los Angeles.
While Pat Houston and Whitney’s brother, Gary Houston, said they will attend Saturday’s event, the Houston matriarch not only declined the invitation, but also found it down right offensive.
“I got an invitation to the party — which is the most obscene thing,” Cissy told Access Hollywood at the unveiling of four new wax statues of her daughter at Madame Tussaud’s in New York City on Thursday. “I don’t know why they would want me to come to the party in which she died, you know? Unheard of.”
She added, “I guess maybe he just sent me a copy for remembrance sake.”
Regarding her relationship with Whitney’s daughter Bobbi Kristina, who recently Tweeted an angry reaction to the book Cissy recently penned about her mother,
(“I find it 2b disrespect2mymother & me being her daughter won’t tolerate it.”), Cissy said of her granddaughter: “She’s grieving. [She’s] really grieving. Bobbi Kris knows — she better know — that I love her. Anything I can do for her, I’ll be there. I wouldn’t say anything [bad] about my daughter. That’s MY daughter, whom I loved with all my heart.
“I love Krissy because she belongs to my daughter, all right?” she continued. “I think that she’s just grieving. That’s the only other thing I can say about it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here