*Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable President Earl Ofari Hutchinson on Thursday, February 15 received from and at the request of released one of eight letters from LAPD sergeant, Wayne K. Guillary, a thirty one year LAPD veteran documenting his fight against racial double standards and retaliation within the LAPD.
While Guillary noted that the department has made substantial changes in its efforts to combat wrongful actions against black officers, he still insists in his series of letters that a pattern of unfair practices toward black officers still exists.
“The letters from Sergeant Guillary, who is a long standing veteran LAPD officer and part of the command staff, paints a vivid picture of a department still wrestling with its discriminatory racial past,” says Hutchinson,” The letters name names and dates that the unfair discriminatory practices happened. They are a cogent appeal for greater change within the department.”
The text of Gullary’s Letter Documenting “LAPD workplace Inequity” can be read at:
The additional Seven Letters Can be attained on request
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here