*Clive Davis is officially out of the closet.
The veteran record executive, who launched the careers of stars including Whitney Houston and Janis Joplin, has come out as bisexual in his new memoir, “The Soundtrack of My Life.”
Davis, who has married and divorced twice, writes candidly about his first same-sex encounter with a man he met at the famous New York City club Studio 54 some 30 years ago.
He recalls, “On this night, after imbibing enough alcohol, I was open to responding to his sexual overtures… Was I nervous? Absolutely. Did the heavens open up? No. But it was satisfying.”
The 80-year-old music veteran also reveals he was in a “monogamous relationship” with an unnamed male doctor from 1990 to 2004, and he has been dating another man for the past several years.
He writes, “Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you’re either straight or gay or lying, but that’s not my experience. To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate.”
Davis also discusses his bisexuality on today’s episode of Katie Couric’s talk show “Katie.”
He tells Couric, “I’m still attracted to women… You don’t have to be only one thing or another (straight or gay). For me, it’s the person.”
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here