*Clive Davis is officially out of the closet.
The veteran record executive, who launched the careers of stars including Whitney Houston and Janis Joplin, has come out as bisexual in his new memoir, “The Soundtrack of My Life.”
Davis, who has married and divorced twice, writes candidly about his first same-sex encounter with a man he met at the famous New York City club Studio 54 some 30 years ago.
He recalls, “On this night, after imbibing enough alcohol, I was open to responding to his sexual overtures… Was I nervous? Absolutely. Did the heavens open up? No. But it was satisfying.”
The 80-year-old music veteran also reveals he was in a “monogamous relationship” with an unnamed male doctor from 1990 to 2004, and he has been dating another man for the past several years.
He writes, “Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you’re either straight or gay or lying, but that’s not my experience. To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate.”
Davis also discusses his bisexuality on today’s episode of Katie Couric’s talk show “Katie.”
He tells Couric, “I’m still attracted to women… You don’t have to be only one thing or another (straight or gay). For me, it’s the person.”
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here