*Clive Davis is officially out of the closet.
The veteran record executive, who launched the careers of stars including Whitney Houston and Janis Joplin, has come out as bisexual in his new memoir, “The Soundtrack of My Life.”
Davis, who has married and divorced twice, writes candidly about his first same-sex encounter with a man he met at the famous New York City club Studio 54 some 30 years ago.
He recalls, “On this night, after imbibing enough alcohol, I was open to responding to his sexual overtures… Was I nervous? Absolutely. Did the heavens open up? No. But it was satisfying.”
The 80-year-old music veteran also reveals he was in a “monogamous relationship” with an unnamed male doctor from 1990 to 2004, and he has been dating another man for the past several years.
He writes, “Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you’re either straight or gay or lying, but that’s not my experience. To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate.”
Davis also discusses his bisexuality on today’s episode of Katie Couric’s talk show “Katie.”
He tells Couric, “I’m still attracted to women… You don’t have to be only one thing or another (straight or gay). For me, it’s the person.”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here