*Clive Davis is officially out of the closet.
The veteran record executive, who launched the careers of stars including Whitney Houston and Janis Joplin, has come out as bisexual in his new memoir, “The Soundtrack of My Life.”
Davis, who has married and divorced twice, writes candidly about his first same-sex encounter with a man he met at the famous New York City club Studio 54 some 30 years ago.
He recalls, “On this night, after imbibing enough alcohol, I was open to responding to his sexual overtures… Was I nervous? Absolutely. Did the heavens open up? No. But it was satisfying.”
The 80-year-old music veteran also reveals he was in a “monogamous relationship” with an unnamed male doctor from 1990 to 2004, and he has been dating another man for the past several years.
He writes, “Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you’re either straight or gay or lying, but that’s not my experience. To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate.”
Davis also discusses his bisexuality on today’s episode of Katie Couric’s talk show “Katie.”
He tells Couric, “I’m still attracted to women… You don’t have to be only one thing or another (straight or gay). For me, it’s the person.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here