*A high school coach in Alabama who was caught on tape ranting against Michelle Obama’s effort to promote low-calorie school lunches – claiming that the size of her posterior gives her no right to do so – has been suspended without pay for 10 days for his comments.
“Fat butt Michelle Obama,” said Bob Grisham, the head football coach of Lauderdale County High School in Rogersville, in remarks that were secretly recorded by one of his students. “Look at her. She looks like she weighs 185 or 190. She’s overweight.” [Scroll down to listen.]
Grisham, who was suspended Monday and ordered to take sensitivity training, is neither the first nor the most high-profile person to feel moved to comment on the first lady’s physique. Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has repeatedly called her Michelle “My Butt” Obama. And Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner, the Wisconsin Republican, issued an apology after he was caught commenting on her “large posterior.” (Grisham has also said he misspoke.)
In the 90-second audio clip recorded on Monday and later obtained by the TimesDaily, the coach could be heard saying that “fat butt Michelle Obama” is responsible for the lighter, 600-calorie school lunches. Another voice is heard in the background referring to the president’s wife as “big fat gorilla.” Grisham continues his tirade, telling his audience that Mrs. Obama looks like she weighs 185 or 190 pounds and appears overweight. The coach then goes on a rant about how the country is going in the wrong direction and says several times that he doesn’t ‘believe in queers’ and doesn’t like “queers.”
“I don’t hate them as a person but what they do is wrong, it’s an abomination against God,” Grisham said. “I don’t like being around queers.”
Grisham has since told the TimesDaily that he misspoke in a debate-style discussion about the state of the country.
In addition to the suspension and training, the board also removed Grisham from teaching his psychology class.
Listen to his rant below.
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here