*A high school coach in Alabama who was caught on tape ranting against Michelle Obama’s effort to promote low-calorie school lunches – claiming that the size of her posterior gives her no right to do so – has been suspended without pay for 10 days for his comments.
“Fat butt Michelle Obama,” said Bob Grisham, the head football coach of Lauderdale County High School in Rogersville, in remarks that were secretly recorded by one of his students. “Look at her. She looks like she weighs 185 or 190. She’s overweight.” [Scroll down to listen.]
Grisham, who was suspended Monday and ordered to take sensitivity training, is neither the first nor the most high-profile person to feel moved to comment on the first lady’s physique. Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has repeatedly called her Michelle “My Butt” Obama. And Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner, the Wisconsin Republican, issued an apology after he was caught commenting on her “large posterior.” (Grisham has also said he misspoke.)
In the 90-second audio clip recorded on Monday and later obtained by the TimesDaily, the coach could be heard saying that “fat butt Michelle Obama” is responsible for the lighter, 600-calorie school lunches. Another voice is heard in the background referring to the president’s wife as “big fat gorilla.” Grisham continues his tirade, telling his audience that Mrs. Obama looks like she weighs 185 or 190 pounds and appears overweight. The coach then goes on a rant about how the country is going in the wrong direction and says several times that he doesn’t ‘believe in queers’ and doesn’t like “queers.”
“I don’t hate them as a person but what they do is wrong, it’s an abomination against God,” Grisham said. “I don’t like being around queers.”
Grisham has since told the TimesDaily that he misspoke in a debate-style discussion about the state of the country.
In addition to the suspension and training, the board also removed Grisham from teaching his psychology class.
Listen to his rant below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here