*Prior to exiting NBC’s “Community,” Chevy Chase let off some steam in an onset outburst in which he used the N-word – a moment co-star Joel McHale recently discussed with Hoard Stern.
“He didn’t want to be there,” McHale said on Stern’s SiriusXM radio show, noting that the veteran comic actor also had no interest in ever really talking.
“When I would try, he would just try to fight me,” McHale recalled. “He physically wanted to fight me.”
As for Chase’s on-set N-word outburst last October, McHale said it was Chase’s way of protesting his character’s racism, but McHale was quick to point out: “You shouldn’t be throwing it around on set…When he said it, I was like, ‘We are now at Defcon 1.'”
Meanwhile, “Community” returns for its fourth season tonight, Feb. 7, at 8 p.m. on NBC.
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here