*Prior to exiting NBC’s “Community,” Chevy Chase let off some steam in an onset outburst in which he used the N-word – a moment co-star Joel McHale recently discussed with Hoard Stern.
“He didn’t want to be there,” McHale said on Stern’s SiriusXM radio show, noting that the veteran comic actor also had no interest in ever really talking.
“When I would try, he would just try to fight me,” McHale recalled. “He physically wanted to fight me.”
As for Chase’s on-set N-word outburst last October, McHale said it was Chase’s way of protesting his character’s racism, but McHale was quick to point out: “You shouldn’t be throwing it around on set…When he said it, I was like, ‘We are now at Defcon 1.'”
Meanwhile, “Community” returns for its fourth season tonight, Feb. 7, at 8 p.m. on NBC.
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here