*Prior to exiting NBC’s “Community,” Chevy Chase let off some steam in an onset outburst in which he used the N-word – a moment co-star Joel McHale recently discussed with Hoard Stern.
“He didn’t want to be there,” McHale said on Stern’s SiriusXM radio show, noting that the veteran comic actor also had no interest in ever really talking.
“When I would try, he would just try to fight me,” McHale recalled. “He physically wanted to fight me.”
As for Chase’s on-set N-word outburst last October, McHale said it was Chase’s way of protesting his character’s racism, but McHale was quick to point out: “You shouldn’t be throwing it around on set…When he said it, I was like, ‘We are now at Defcon 1.'”
Meanwhile, “Community” returns for its fourth season tonight, Feb. 7, at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here