“The D.C. Lottery is proud to be the first lottery in the country to bring the energy, impact, and history associated with the music of Soul Train to our players in the form of this exciting scratcher ticket,” said Buddy Roogow, executive director of the D.C. Lottery.
Certainly they’re glad about it because they think they’ve figured out how to make poor Black people spend more of their money.
The new scratcher starts in at $5 a pop but with the possibility of a $50,000 prize.
The spotlight activity for this new instant game is a “Soul Train Day” at Union Station on Wednesday, February 13, hosted in partnership with Tom Joyner and Majic/WMMJ-FM and featuring a Soul Train Line Dance contest and hourly Scramble Board Contests. Prizes include train tickets, basketball game tickets, and gift cards to B. Smith’s Restaurant in Union Station.
For more information about the Soul Train Scratcher and other D.C. Lottery games, visit www.dclottery.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here