“The D.C. Lottery is proud to be the first lottery in the country to bring the energy, impact, and history associated with the music of Soul Train to our players in the form of this exciting scratcher ticket,” said Buddy Roogow, executive director of the D.C. Lottery.
Certainly they’re glad about it because they think they’ve figured out how to make poor Black people spend more of their money.
The new scratcher starts in at $5 a pop but with the possibility of a $50,000 prize.
The spotlight activity for this new instant game is a “Soul Train Day” at Union Station on Wednesday, February 13, hosted in partnership with Tom Joyner and Majic/WMMJ-FM and featuring a Soul Train Line Dance contest and hourly Scramble Board Contests. Prizes include train tickets, basketball game tickets, and gift cards to B. Smith’s Restaurant in Union Station.
For more information about the Soul Train Scratcher and other D.C. Lottery games, visit www.dclottery.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here