“The D.C. Lottery is proud to be the first lottery in the country to bring the energy, impact, and history associated with the music of Soul Train to our players in the form of this exciting scratcher ticket,” said Buddy Roogow, executive director of the D.C. Lottery.
Certainly they’re glad about it because they think they’ve figured out how to make poor Black people spend more of their money.
The new scratcher starts in at $5 a pop but with the possibility of a $50,000 prize.
The spotlight activity for this new instant game is a “Soul Train Day” at Union Station on Wednesday, February 13, hosted in partnership with Tom Joyner and Majic/WMMJ-FM and featuring a Soul Train Line Dance contest and hourly Scramble Board Contests. Prizes include train tickets, basketball game tickets, and gift cards to B. Smith’s Restaurant in Union Station.
For more information about the Soul Train Scratcher and other D.C. Lottery games, visit www.dclottery.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here