*D.L. Hughley offered an interesting take on how to reach those conservatives who don’t believe in any tougher gun laws, suggesting that we “stop calling them gun deaths… call them really late, late, late term abortions.”
Speaking on the Tom Joyner Morning show today, the comedian in his weekly commentary for the show spoke about the issue in light of this week’s incidents, according to BlackAmericaWeb.
“And another school shooting in Atlanta, it’s just like it’s getting ridiculous,” he said. “It’s getting so bad, pretty soon we’re going to need one of those clocks, you know, those clocks that you used to tell you how many people have died from smoking, or conservatives; how high the deficit is. It’s just really sad.
“And, you know, if we want to get conservatives to come along and get on board on controlling gun deaths, then stop calling them gun deaths and call them really late, late, late term abortions and they get in on it. It is ridiculous how, well, you know, pretty soon we’re not going to need gun control because everybody is going to be shot. It is, this is the craziest thing ever.
“I wish that the gun control people could hear as good as they shoot. Because every time there’s an argument; they’re trying to take our guns away. Not one person has mentioned taking guns away. Not one. I just don’t need to know why you need 30 rounds.
“The reason they feel they need these weapons is not to protect their homes, it’s because they feel like one day they’re going to have to fight the government. Or they feel like one day they’re going to have to fight the police department. And it is so hypocritical to watch a cat like Wayne Lapierre, you know, he’s against the background checks. And he’s against closing gun loopholes. When in 1979, May 27th of 1979, he testified the exact opposite in front of the Senate. He said he was for universal background checks and closing all the loopholes. Look it up. So this is not about an ideological stance. It is some kind of way connected to his money. He wants money. And we deserve what we get if we keep allowing so few to tell so many what to do. It is ridiculous.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here