*The NYC deli that accused Forest Whitaker of shoplifting last week is blaming the incident on a “misguided” employee, and insists race was absolutely not a factor, reports TMZ.
The actor was publicly frisked at Milano Market after he was wrongly suspected of stealing an item.
A rep for the store told TMZ, “The management of Milano Market deeply regrets the wrongful actions of our employee in stopping and frisking Forest Whitaker.”
“While we can not delve into the employee’s mindset, we do not believe that he was racially motivated in his actions, simply misguided.”
The Market says it is taking steps to retrain employees so it doesn’t happen again.
The rep also says the store wants to reach out to Forest so it can make a donation to his favorite charity.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here