*The NYC deli that accused Forest Whitaker of shoplifting last week is blaming the incident on a “misguided” employee, and insists race was absolutely not a factor, reports TMZ.
The actor was publicly frisked at Milano Market after he was wrongly suspected of stealing an item.
A rep for the store told TMZ, “The management of Milano Market deeply regrets the wrongful actions of our employee in stopping and frisking Forest Whitaker.”
“While we can not delve into the employee’s mindset, we do not believe that he was racially motivated in his actions, simply misguided.”
The Market says it is taking steps to retrain employees so it doesn’t happen again.
The rep also says the store wants to reach out to Forest so it can make a donation to his favorite charity.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here