*The NYC deli that accused Forest Whitaker of shoplifting last week is blaming the incident on a “misguided” employee, and insists race was absolutely not a factor, reports TMZ.
The actor was publicly frisked at Milano Market after he was wrongly suspected of stealing an item.
A rep for the store told TMZ, “The management of Milano Market deeply regrets the wrongful actions of our employee in stopping and frisking Forest Whitaker.”
“While we can not delve into the employee’s mindset, we do not believe that he was racially motivated in his actions, simply misguided.”
The Market says it is taking steps to retrain employees so it doesn’t happen again.
The rep also says the store wants to reach out to Forest so it can make a donation to his favorite charity.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here