The couple shared their love story and how their alignment with God brought them together. They encouraged the packed audience of mostly single people to “wait upon the Lord” when it comes to love.
“If you settle, you will never be as happy as you could be,” said Good. “When you are obedient you get excited about the wait. Spend time being excited about what your purpose is. Be excited about who you are supposed to be.” Franklin followed with “A man of substance committed to God will find the right heart that God has for him. As a man, you’ll get beyond someone who is just attractive. If you go out with someone who is beautiful but there’s no substance there, you’ll get tired of that. At a certain point God will allow you to keep dating the same type in order to show you that you have to go after what he’s called you to go after.”
As a couple in the business, Good and Franklin discussed how God has used their positions as an opportunity to spread God’s love. Good specifically expressed her passion for appealing to the “misfits” in their walk with Christ. “God loves you. That promise is to you. If God wants to change something in you, he will tell you if you seek him.”
“People want to see a real Christian, and a real Christian is not someone who simply knows the bible from Genesis to Revelations, but someone who knows love from A to Z” said Roberts. “DeVon and Meagan embody God’s spirit of love and demonstrate that when God is in control the Lord’s blessings upon you will extend far beyond what you could ever ask or imagine.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here