The couple shared their love story and how their alignment with God brought them together. They encouraged the packed audience of mostly single people to “wait upon the Lord” when it comes to love.
“If you settle, you will never be as happy as you could be,” said Good. “When you are obedient you get excited about the wait. Spend time being excited about what your purpose is. Be excited about who you are supposed to be.” Franklin followed with “A man of substance committed to God will find the right heart that God has for him. As a man, you’ll get beyond someone who is just attractive. If you go out with someone who is beautiful but there’s no substance there, you’ll get tired of that. At a certain point God will allow you to keep dating the same type in order to show you that you have to go after what he’s called you to go after.”
As a couple in the business, Good and Franklin discussed how God has used their positions as an opportunity to spread God’s love. Good specifically expressed her passion for appealing to the “misfits” in their walk with Christ. “God loves you. That promise is to you. If God wants to change something in you, he will tell you if you seek him.”
“People want to see a real Christian, and a real Christian is not someone who simply knows the bible from Genesis to Revelations, but someone who knows love from A to Z” said Roberts. “DeVon and Meagan embody God’s spirit of love and demonstrate that when God is in control the Lord’s blessings upon you will extend far beyond what you could ever ask or imagine.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Golden State Warriors and Steph Curry Mingle with Pres. Obama
- John Hairston: Why So Many R&B Radio Stations Are Becoming Black History!
- Kanye West 53 Million dollars in Debt; the TRUTH Behind the SHINE
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here