The couple shared their love story and how their alignment with God brought them together. They encouraged the packed audience of mostly single people to “wait upon the Lord” when it comes to love.
“If you settle, you will never be as happy as you could be,” said Good. “When you are obedient you get excited about the wait. Spend time being excited about what your purpose is. Be excited about who you are supposed to be.” Franklin followed with “A man of substance committed to God will find the right heart that God has for him. As a man, you’ll get beyond someone who is just attractive. If you go out with someone who is beautiful but there’s no substance there, you’ll get tired of that. At a certain point God will allow you to keep dating the same type in order to show you that you have to go after what he’s called you to go after.”
As a couple in the business, Good and Franklin discussed how God has used their positions as an opportunity to spread God’s love. Good specifically expressed her passion for appealing to the “misfits” in their walk with Christ. “God loves you. That promise is to you. If God wants to change something in you, he will tell you if you seek him.”
“People want to see a real Christian, and a real Christian is not someone who simply knows the bible from Genesis to Revelations, but someone who knows love from A to Z” said Roberts. “DeVon and Meagan embody God’s spirit of love and demonstrate that when God is in control the Lord’s blessings upon you will extend far beyond what you could ever ask or imagine.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here