*Dr. Dre and Beats by Dre are suing Yamaha over headphones the company is manufacturing, which Dre claims infringes upon his Beats Electronics patents.
In the new lawsuit filed in California federal court, Beats by Dre says that it has revolutionized the use of headphones as a fashion accessory, and is alleging that Yamaha is trading off the goodwill of its products.
Beats Electronics’ lawsuit alleges violations of patents and trade dress from Yamaha’s Pro 300, Pro 400 and Pro 500 lines of headphones.
Beats says that Yamaha has “brought to market a new line of headphones that copied the distinctive aspects of the Beats’ Headphones that comprise Beats’ Trade Dress Rights.”
Click here to read the entire complaint.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here