*Dr. Dre and Beats by Dre are suing Yamaha over headphones the company is manufacturing, which Dre claims infringes upon his Beats Electronics patents.
In the new lawsuit filed in California federal court, Beats by Dre says that it has revolutionized the use of headphones as a fashion accessory, and is alleging that Yamaha is trading off the goodwill of its products.
Beats Electronics’ lawsuit alleges violations of patents and trade dress from Yamaha’s Pro 300, Pro 400 and Pro 500 lines of headphones.
Beats says that Yamaha has “brought to market a new line of headphones that copied the distinctive aspects of the Beats’ Headphones that comprise Beats’ Trade Dress Rights.”
Click here to read the entire complaint.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here