*If you’re in LA (or will be in LA this weekend) and looking for an interesting theater experience, we recommend you check out “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring actor Ernest Harden Jr. (“J. Edgar,” “White Men Can’t Jump”). The production is being staged one night only at the Whitefire Theater in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
“Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies,” directed by TJ Castronovo and written by Joni Ravenna, examines the true story of Kabin Thomas, a University of Arkansas music professor who was fired for using profanity in the classroom.
Thomas’ story brings attention to “controversial” teachers who present their classes in formats different than uninspired lectures and standardized tests.
– “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring Ernest Harden Jr
– Saturday, February 9 at 8pm
– Whitefire Theater located at 13500 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, Calif.
– Tickets $20. RSVP to CRC Entertainment at 818-487-0700.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here