*If you’re in LA (or will be in LA this weekend) and looking for an interesting theater experience, we recommend you check out “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring actor Ernest Harden Jr. (“J. Edgar,” “White Men Can’t Jump”). The production is being staged one night only at the Whitefire Theater in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
“Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies,” directed by TJ Castronovo and written by Joni Ravenna, examines the true story of Kabin Thomas, a University of Arkansas music professor who was fired for using profanity in the classroom.
Thomas’ story brings attention to “controversial” teachers who present their classes in formats different than uninspired lectures and standardized tests.
– “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring Ernest Harden Jr
– Saturday, February 9 at 8pm
– Whitefire Theater located at 13500 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, Calif.
– Tickets $20. RSVP to CRC Entertainment at 818-487-0700.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here