*If you’re in LA (or will be in LA this weekend) and looking for an interesting theater experience, we recommend you check out “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring actor Ernest Harden Jr. (“J. Edgar,” “White Men Can’t Jump”). The production is being staged one night only at the Whitefire Theater in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
“Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies,” directed by TJ Castronovo and written by Joni Ravenna, examines the true story of Kabin Thomas, a University of Arkansas music professor who was fired for using profanity in the classroom.
Thomas’ story brings attention to “controversial” teachers who present their classes in formats different than uninspired lectures and standardized tests.
– “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring Ernest Harden Jr
– Saturday, February 9 at 8pm
– Whitefire Theater located at 13500 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, Calif.
– Tickets $20. RSVP to CRC Entertainment at 818-487-0700.
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here