*If you’re in LA (or will be in LA this weekend) and looking for an interesting theater experience, we recommend you check out “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring actor Ernest Harden Jr. (“J. Edgar,” “White Men Can’t Jump”). The production is being staged one night only at the Whitefire Theater in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
“Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies,” directed by TJ Castronovo and written by Joni Ravenna, examines the true story of Kabin Thomas, a University of Arkansas music professor who was fired for using profanity in the classroom.
Thomas’ story brings attention to “controversial” teachers who present their classes in formats different than uninspired lectures and standardized tests.
– “Beethoven and the Misfortune Cookies” starring Ernest Harden Jr
– Saturday, February 9 at 8pm
– Whitefire Theater located at 13500 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, Calif.
– Tickets $20. RSVP to CRC Entertainment at 818-487-0700.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here