*Los Angeles Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss is currently hospitalized, according to multiple sources familiar with the situation. A Lakers spokesman declined to comment on the situation out of respect for the families’ privacy. A hospital spokesman wouldn’t confirm whether Buss was at the hospital. The Los Angeles Times reported that Buss an undisclosed form of cancer. The paper said he has spent time in the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, citing “multiple team personnel.” (Get more here.)
*Michael Jordan said in an interview with NBA TV that, if given a choice, he would take Kobe Bryant over LeBron James. Widely considered the greatest player of all-time, Jordan said it would be a tough choice between Bryant and James. However, Bryant’s five titles with the Los Angeles Lakers compared to just one for James with the Miami Heat, would be his deciding factor. “Five beats one every time I look at it,” Jordan said. “And not that (James) won’t get five. He may get more than that, but five is bigger than one.” Of course, Bryant has been around a lot longer than James to rack up his titles. Bryant is in his 17th season while James is in his 10th. (Access full report more here.)
*Oscar Pistorius, the double-amputee sprinter dubbed the Blade Runner, was charged Thursday in the Valentine’s Day slaying of his girlfriend at his upscale home in South Africa, a shocking twist to one of the feel-good stories of last summer’s Olympics. Pistorius buried his face in the hood of his workout jacket as officers escorted him from a police station after his arrest in the shooting death of Reeva Steenkamp, a 30-year-old model who had spoken out on Twitter against rape and abuse of women. Police said she was shot four times in the pre-dawn hours at Pistorius’ villa in a gated community in the capital, Pretoria. Officers found a 9 mm pistol inside the home and arrested Pistorius on a murder charge. (More info is available here.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here