With stellar performances in movies like “Hotel Rwanda,” “Crash,” “Traffic,” “Boogie Nights,” “Flight,” the “Iron Man” and “Oceans Eleven” series, Cheadle has proven that he’s a force to be reckoned with.
He recently won an Emmy for his new television series on Showtime, “House of Lies.” His character, Marty, is described as a subversive, scathing and self-serving management consultant from a top-tier firm. Marty, while successful, is never above using any means (or anyone) necessary to get his clients the information they want.
Our EURweb associate, Cherise (CNikky) Nicole spoke to Cheadle during the recent NAACP Image Awards. In addition to telling us about the exciting addition of Larenz Tate and Nia Long to this season of the show, he also spoke with us about the challenge of playing a father to a teenager looking for his identity.
The remarkable young man who plays young Roscoe is going through his difficult teenage years while trying to figure out his sexuality and who he is as a human being. The great thing about the show is that Don’s character isn’t raising his son on his own. His father is also in the home. So, there are 3 generations of men figuring out life together. Brilliant!
We asked him what the dynamic is like between he and his son on the show:
“You know Roscoe is continuing to express himself and sort of find himself and figure out who he is. It’s great to be on that show and have sort of 3 generations of black men you know in the same house, trying to work it out.”
We asked him to give advice to parents who may be dealing with a child that is trying to find their identity.
“Love them. You know, just love them the world is confusing enough and dangerous enough and scary enough without having to justify yourself to your own family. So you know, love your kids. We’re very fortunate. We have 2 beautiful kids that give us joy and torment and happiness and ups and downs everyday. You just gotta love em.”
Watch the interview and a clip from the show below and tune in to “House Of Lies” every Sunday night at 10:00pm on Showtime.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here