*Christopher Dorner – the former LAPD officer who allegedly killed two civilians and a police officer and at press time is the subject of a massive manhunt – praised Tavis Smiley, Soledad O’Brien, local Los Angeles anchor Pat Harvey and other journalists in a bizarre manifesto posted on his Facebook page.
“Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Pat Harvey, Brian Williams, Soledad Obrien [sic], Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Viera [sic], Tavis Smiley, and Anderson Cooper, keep up the great work and follow Cronkite’s lead,” Dorner wrote.
He added that Cooper needs to “stop nagging and berating” his guests on the show. It was revealed Thursday that Cooper also sent the CNN anchor a package in the mail.
“Learned today suspect Christopher Dorner sent me a parcel at CNN. Inside was a note, DVD, and a coin shot thru with bullet holes,” wrote the “Anderson Cooper 360” host on Twitter today.
On CNN Thursday, Cooper elaborated about the parcel he received. “Apparently, the package arrived on the first of February. It was not opened by me. I did not know of its existence until today,” the anchor said. [Scroll down to watch.]
“Inside the package was a hand-labeled DVD with a yellow Post-It Note, reading, in part, quote, ‘I never lied,’ apparently in reference to his dismissal from the LAPD in 2008,” Cooper said.
Cooper also described the coin that was sent, saying it was “wrapped in duct tape. The tape there is the handwritten inscription, ‘Thanks, but no thanks, Will Bratton,’ who is the former LAPD chief.”
The CNN anchor said the coin looked like “a sort of keepsake” that was “was shot through with a number of bullet holes, three bullet holes to the center, another shot nicked off at the top of it.”
Dorner, 33, who had allegedly warned he would target law enforcement, is a suspect in the killing of a police officer and in two weekend killings of Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence who were found dead in a car inside a parking structure.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here