Well the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is proposing making free WiFi available to everyone. But, the only supporters they have for the major move is Google and Microsoft.
But, that’s a good start! The wireless companies, as you might have guessed, are strongly fighting the measure.
American consumers would finally win with the many advantages opening up the wireless airwaves would allow.
So many of us are paying $50 per month or more just to have a hot spot on our laptops and other devices, at-home internet, and data packages for our cell phones. Who wouldn’t want to be the recipient of those monthly savings?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here