Well the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is proposing making free WiFi available to everyone. But, the only supporters they have for the major move is Google and Microsoft.
But, that’s a good start! The wireless companies, as you might have guessed, are strongly fighting the measure.
American consumers would finally win with the many advantages opening up the wireless airwaves would allow.
So many of us are paying $50 per month or more just to have a hot spot on our laptops and other devices, at-home internet, and data packages for our cell phones. Who wouldn’t want to be the recipient of those monthly savings?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here