*The newsrooms throughout America make it necessary for various African American online, print, and radio news outlets like the Electronic Urban Report (EUR), The Root, The Grio, the Chicago Defender, the Afro American, Michael Baisden’s show, Tom Joyner, and many others to exist.
The diversity that is necessary to tell the stories of the nation’s diverse community is still not present in the newsrooms of America.
But Simeon Booker helped change all of that by diversifying the Washington Post in 1952, as their first full-time African American reporter.
Last month, Booker was recognized by the National Association of Black Journalists with their highest honor by induction into the organization’s Hall of Fame. According to the NABJ, the recognition is giving to “a media executive who has demonstrated a commitment to diversifying the nation’s newsrooms and improving the coverage of people and communities of color.”
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here