*Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is suing the owners of a bar in New Orleans over claims they used his name to promote a pre-Super Bowl party without permission.
Mayweather filed legal papers at Nevada District Court on Thursday (Feb. 7) alleging The Wine Bistro used his name and image, as well as the name of his affiliate group The Money Team, to lure customers to the Feb. 1 bash. The Money Team reportedly includes Justin Bieber and Lil’ Kim.
In court documents, obtained by TMZ, Mayweather alleges he makes upwards of $100,000 for a club appearance and he never agreed to appear at the venue.
The Wine Bar allegedly advertised the boxer’s alleged appearance on their Facebook page, as well as on YouTube and with flyers.
Mayweather claims the bar owners wrongly profited from his name and is suing for unspecified damages. He’s also demanding bar bosses immediately cease using his name for promotional purposes.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here