*Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is suing the owners of a bar in New Orleans over claims they used his name to promote a pre-Super Bowl party without permission.
Mayweather filed legal papers at Nevada District Court on Thursday (Feb. 7) alleging The Wine Bistro used his name and image, as well as the name of his affiliate group The Money Team, to lure customers to the Feb. 1 bash. The Money Team reportedly includes Justin Bieber and Lil’ Kim.
In court documents, obtained by TMZ, Mayweather alleges he makes upwards of $100,000 for a club appearance and he never agreed to appear at the venue.
The Wine Bar allegedly advertised the boxer’s alleged appearance on their Facebook page, as well as on YouTube and with flyers.
Mayweather claims the bar owners wrongly profited from his name and is suing for unspecified damages. He’s also demanding bar bosses immediately cease using his name for promotional purposes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap (EUR Exclusive)
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Texas Mother of Kids 'Tied Up in Yard Like Dogs' Found in Cali (Watch)
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here