*Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is suing the owners of a bar in New Orleans over claims they used his name to promote a pre-Super Bowl party without permission.
Mayweather filed legal papers at Nevada District Court on Thursday (Feb. 7) alleging The Wine Bistro used his name and image, as well as the name of his affiliate group The Money Team, to lure customers to the Feb. 1 bash. The Money Team reportedly includes Justin Bieber and Lil’ Kim.
In court documents, obtained by TMZ, Mayweather alleges he makes upwards of $100,000 for a club appearance and he never agreed to appear at the venue.
The Wine Bar allegedly advertised the boxer’s alleged appearance on their Facebook page, as well as on YouTube and with flyers.
Mayweather claims the bar owners wrongly profited from his name and is suing for unspecified damages. He’s also demanding bar bosses immediately cease using his name for promotional purposes.
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here