*Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is suing the owners of a bar in New Orleans over claims they used his name to promote a pre-Super Bowl party without permission.
Mayweather filed legal papers at Nevada District Court on Thursday (Feb. 7) alleging The Wine Bistro used his name and image, as well as the name of his affiliate group The Money Team, to lure customers to the Feb. 1 bash. The Money Team reportedly includes Justin Bieber and Lil’ Kim.
In court documents, obtained by TMZ, Mayweather alleges he makes upwards of $100,000 for a club appearance and he never agreed to appear at the venue.
The Wine Bar allegedly advertised the boxer’s alleged appearance on their Facebook page, as well as on YouTube and with flyers.
Mayweather claims the bar owners wrongly profited from his name and is suing for unspecified damages. He’s also demanding bar bosses immediately cease using his name for promotional purposes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here