*Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is suing the owners of a bar in New Orleans over claims they used his name to promote a pre-Super Bowl party without permission.
Mayweather filed legal papers at Nevada District Court on Thursday (Feb. 7) alleging The Wine Bistro used his name and image, as well as the name of his affiliate group The Money Team, to lure customers to the Feb. 1 bash. The Money Team reportedly includes Justin Bieber and Lil’ Kim.
In court documents, obtained by TMZ, Mayweather alleges he makes upwards of $100,000 for a club appearance and he never agreed to appear at the venue.
The Wine Bar allegedly advertised the boxer’s alleged appearance on their Facebook page, as well as on YouTube and with flyers.
Mayweather claims the bar owners wrongly profited from his name and is suing for unspecified damages. He’s also demanding bar bosses immediately cease using his name for promotional purposes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here