TheShadowLeague.com, founded by former Vibe publisher and ex-ESPN the Magazine executive Keith Clinkscales, announced today that Parker has been added to its roster and his first column will be published Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013.
[(Hmmm, now we know how/why he got the job. ]
“There is no doubt that Rob’s love of sports permeates everything he does,” says TheShadowLeague.com Editor-in-Chief Vince Thomas. “We are truly excited that he has joined TheShadowLeague.com. Rob’s hard-hitting and honest opinions make him a standout sports columnist who can reach fans in print and online spaces, as well as radio and television.”
Before his somewhat ignominious downfall at the 4-letter network, Parker has enjoyed an illustrious career in sports journalism for more than twenty years. According to a press release sent to EURweb, the writer has broken many boundaries, garnering acclaim as the first black sports columnist in the newsrooms of the Detroit Free Press and Newsday. He is also a distinguished Baseball Hall of Fame voter. Additionally, Parker has written for the New Haven Register, the Detroit News and the New York Daily News. Most recently, Parker spent eight years with ESPN, debating hot topics on ESPN’s “FirstTake,” riding the airwaves of ESPN Radio and writing for the ESPN.com affiliate ESPN.com/NewYork.
“Voices like Parker’s are the reason why we launched TheShadowLeague.com,” said Keith Clinkscales, Founder & CEO of Shadow League Digital. “Rob clearly has passion. His experience and insight can help shape our voice.”
Based in Detroit, Parker is a native New Yorker who graduated with a B.S. in journalism from Southern Connecticut State University. He is also a graduate of Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here