*Essence has seen the reigns of power change from hand to hand to hand ever since Susan Taylor gave up the helm.
But, with the change of power comes a change of vision, thus the internal turbulence that we’ve seen at Essence that affects the readers.
But former Editor-in-Chief of Essence Angela Burt-Murray, has carved out a part of the web for her “CocoaFab.com” site where women of color can see news from their perspective, according to Calming Corners.
The site “covers everything from pop culture, celebrity news, style, and beauty.” The site also boasts CocoaTV where news and helpful information is provided via video.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here