*Essence has seen the reigns of power change from hand to hand to hand ever since Susan Taylor gave up the helm.
But, with the change of power comes a change of vision, thus the internal turbulence that we’ve seen at Essence that affects the readers.
But former Editor-in-Chief of Essence Angela Burt-Murray, has carved out a part of the web for her “CocoaFab.com” site where women of color can see news from their perspective, according to Calming Corners.
The site “covers everything from pop culture, celebrity news, style, and beauty.” The site also boasts CocoaTV where news and helpful information is provided via video.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here